• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep w/ Boxset collecting

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
I'm new to this hobby but have ALWAYS loved watches, ever since my first one from my Opa. I was wondering how many people collect the watch and boxset together? Is this a common thing in this hobby?
I'm working with MR on my first Rep and I'm super excited but wanted some in site before I get it with a boxset. I'm having a personal delima committing getting it, my Gen Omega box sits in a safe out of view? Any suggestions to help sway me?
Does it make it harder or more suseptibale to customs check? should I buy separate if I do get it?
Thanks all Rick

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I had a 16610 Submariner and I bought a Rolex Replica box set....I thought it was cool and when I flipped the watch the guy I sold it too was giddy as a school boy.

Rob

DrTime

Horology Curious
17/9/08
They look cool and at first I thought it was neat to have them, but as your collection grows its not very practical. A larger watch box will become a more useful option. Of course you can always have the individual boxes for special pieces.

I like the conveinence of say the 18 slot Ranier box for picking a watch to wear personally.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Great advice! Thank you. I'm leaning away from getting the box to start off my collection. Maybe get it later, but never thought about getting a multi watch case! Never thought I would ever need one =)

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I have a ton of beautiful boxes...All in my closet.

TheFrug

9/2/09
I got a gen box to go with my Franken SA. I don't really use the bakerlight box but I do use the leather travel pouch all the time. For my stock reps I'm not too bothered about the box but for my frankens I like to have a full box, papers and even the baseball cap you get free with many breitlings lol.

houndoggie

16/11/08
i'd rather buy more fake watches than have expensive fake boxes filling my closet shelves.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
man I have several gen boxes....Hamiltons, old Seikos....but I have about 40 watches to I need a BIG box bad.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I've never bought a box for a rep, but I do have about 50 boxes. All boxed up and in storage. They're nice when you sell, but that's all.
I have AceTimer winding/display boxes where I keep the ones in rotation. The other watches live in a drawer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk