• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

183 QC pics

APS

Known Member
30/8/11
Newbie, so I might need some help from you guys. What do you think of these QCs? Acceptable?

Thanks!

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Its a cheapo 183, so expect what you've paid for mate;)

If you get the taste of it and like the Radiomir style, sell it and get a decent, modded one (from Silix ie.) if its flaws are bothering you.

BTW, accept it, because it looks good from here.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Is it the watch model you ordered? Is it working?

If yes, then take it. It doesn't look damaged or scratched, so that's good as well.

Not trying to be difficult, QC pics are really not intended to pick apart the miniscule details of the watch. Less than three years ago, we didn't have QC pics in this hobby. At one time or another, almost all of us have ordered a specific model and ended up with something else. That's the real reason for QC pics.

In any event, I don't think this 183 is by the H-factory, so the quality is what it is. I'd plan on changing straps and doing a re-lume if you're really concerned about it.

But it looks like a good rep to me! Enjoy it!

APS

Known Member
30/8/11
Its a cheapo 183, so expect what you've paid for mate;)

If you get the taste of it and like the Radiomir style, sell it and get a decent, modded one (from Silix ie.) if its flaws are bothering you.

BTW, accept it, because it looks good from here.

Thanks, mate. Is Silix a dealer or member here?

APS

Known Member
30/8/11
Is it the watch model you ordered? Is it working?

If yes, then take it. It doesn't look damaged or scratched, so that's good as well.

Not trying to be difficult, QC pics are really not intended to pick apart the miniscule details of the watch. Less than three years ago, we didn't have QC pics in this hobby. At one time or another, almost all of us have ordered a specific model and ended up with something else. That's the real reason for QC pics.

In any event, I don't think this 183 is by the H-factory, so the quality is what it is. I'd plan on changing straps and doing a re-lume if you're really concerned about it.

But it looks like a good rep to me! Enjoy it!

Yes it's the watch, but the lume and font color seem to be different from the dealer website pics. Also the movement back too.

In any case, I hear you. Thanks.

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
Thanks, mate. Is Silix a dealer or member here?

I wanted to write Sead (sead1999)...... :facepalm:

He is a trusted dealer here (and on other fora as well) and a well respected PAM modder as well. Just shot him a pm and you'll see what he can offer;)

APS

Known Member
30/8/11
I wanted to write Sead (sead1999)...... :facepalm:

He is a trusted dealer here (and on other fora as well) and a well respected PAM modder as well. Just shot him a pm and you'll see what he can offer;)

Sounds great, I'll do that. Thanks.

HPoirot

31/3/11
Or check out his section here at RWI. He's also know as Supermirrors

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
member name sead1999, but he's got a trusted dealer section, and hes called Supermirrors.

APS

Known Member
30/8/11
Thanks for the input so far. Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I'm aware of the missing swan neck regulator on the movement.

But someone also told me to look for a couple other things: to make sure the center pin is OK, and also that the lume color is not too green, and that the lettering on the dial should be just a tad off white.

These things are all pretty qualitative, so I'm not even sure if what I'm looking at is "OK". Do these things look "OK" to you guys?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Yes it's the watch, but the lume and font color seem to be different from the dealer website pics. Also the movement back too.

In any case, I hear you. Thanks.

Thanks for the input so far. Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I'm aware of the missing swan neck regulator on the movement.

But someone also told me to look for a couple other things: to make sure the center pin is OK, and also that the lume color is not too green, and that the lettering on the dial should be just a tad off white.

These things are all pretty qualitative, so I'm not even sure if what I'm looking at is "OK". Do these things look "OK" to you guys?

It seems the watch you have ordered is not the same that sent watch.
Please post the original link of the watch ordered and we will be able to give you an opinion.

aardian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/09
I happened to have the experience of having the ultimate 183 built (G series though, not H series). Recipe for success:

1. Cartel case (more pronounced shoulder and edges).
2. DSN dial and hands.
3. H3 CP.
4. A6497 high beat with working swan neck (serviced & regulated).
5. Crown tube shortened and polished (cartel crown has more pronounced edges than DSN's, I'd advise to use DSN's crown but need to install his tube also).
6. AR coat (Chief, FineDD, Vac, or Taka), single sided AR inner side only.
7. Panatime lugs and lug screws (important because the standard lugs and screws are crap and they strip easily if you regularly change straps).
8. Optional: relume (if you use DSN dial and hands, won't be necessary but if you're very picky then go the extra mile).

If you want best out of the box, get DSN.

mattheis

Renowned Member
7/5/07
If you're spending more than $120 on this 183H, Id look elsewhere. I picked this up for my father-in-law last year from Lay's sister site replicamade.com, for cheap. unfortunately it is no loner there, and Lay is no longer a trusted-dealer. It was acceptable for a <$100 piece, and he loves it, since he doesnt know any better.

Checkout the 292k if you like the Black Seals, got mine from Tony here: http://asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=182&P_id=2154&ti=

Make sure to ASK HIM for QC pics.