• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Found this in my DSSD

jfazioli

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/10
Can anyone tell me anything about this movement? I'm guessing '25 jewels, Swiss made' is part of the replica-ness of the piece.

I noticed that my DSSD keeps remarkable time when compared to an atomic clock and cracked it open to find this:

photo-24.jpg

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Under the balance spring lies a ETA stamp. So, that's what you have there.

jfazioli

10/9/10
:lolcina:

So assume I know nothing about watches... Which is a good assumption...

What does that mean to me?

68Olds

9/7/10
US
It means you have an ETA 2824-2 swiss movement, which is a nice one. Is it keeping good time?

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
That movement is in all likelihood actually Swiss made. You've got a pretty sweet watch there so enjoy it!

jfazioli

10/9/10
It keeps great time actually... This is pretty exciting. The member who sold it to me didn't know anything about it, and let it go cheap. I guess this will be worth puttting the money into to fix the bezel insert...

vpx

Renowned Member
2/11/10
Is it just me or did anyone else expect to see an ant or something inside of his watch?

jfazioli

10/9/10
Is it just me or did anyone else expect to see an ant or something inside of his watch?

Haha, yeah... I didn't think of that until I looked at the thread from forum view. Oops. Maybe next time...

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

LOL! I was expecting something nasty too...and I came full of will to say "kiil it with firah!"

:biglaugh:

Cheers,
Spirit.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
First good surprise I can remember seeing from an open caseback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
This thread got out of hand quick!

pubic-hair.jpg

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
the advice above re ETA is well meaning - but it is not correct

the ETA stamp is meaningless

you cannot tell AT ALL by the stamp that it isnt an Asian clone movement

sorry

jfazioli

10/9/10
Tbh, it doesn't really matter to me what's in it... It keeps good time, after all, and I don't think I overpaid, regardless of movement type.

It's my first rep ever, and the whole thing, research-purchase-reciept-wearing, has been a great experience.

jfazioli

10/9/10
I actually don't know the dealer- I bought it from a forum member who didn't know either. I think it must have changed hands several times by now.