• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Check

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Hi,
My QC photos have arrived and look OK to me. Would appreciate a second eye. Also do you think +17s/day is reasonable or is it too much?

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

Thank You for your assistance
Phil

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I think +17sec is nothing to be crazy about. I have a 5G PO that runs closer to 35 and I won't complain, a) because it is not a quartz movement, b) it is mechanical, c) it s a rep (made in China). To expect anything close to COSC standards out of a sweat shop in China would be ludicrous (note I am not accusing you of this, just putting this out for general info).

If you don't see any other issues with QC have them ship that baby!

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Just a little reminder about qc pics: It's not forbidden to post them on the open forum, but it should be limited to asking a second opinion about a specific issue you think you've spotted. If the watch looks ok to you, there is no reason to post qc pics.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi,
My QC photos have arrived and look OK to me. Would appreciate a second eye. Also do you think +17s/day is reasonable or is it too much?
Thank You for your assistance
Phil

Dear PhilS

17 sec. seems a little at the limit, all HBB V6 that I have seen are 1-4 sec max
You can reject and requesting an adjustment or your can make it by yourself.
Just pushing the regulator lever following green arrow and in this way the regulator head will move following black arrow. You watch will run slower immediately. Backwards your watch will run faster.
Concerning pictures all seems OK but there is a stain in the back case marked blue in the attached picture. What‘s that?

QCpicPhilSUK-defi.jpg

waddster

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
I have a few watches that probably need regulated but I don't mind as I switch out my watches about every third day. About 5 of them anyway. Most just sit in the box being all lazy like a bump on a log.

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Thank you for the advice guys. I will double check the mark on the caseback. Wiz, my main concern was the 17sec/day. Will check if they can regulate it a bit better, as i would probably break it!
Thanks
Phil

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Dear PhilS
17 sec. seems a little at the limit, all HBB V6 that I have seen are 1-4 sec max

+17s/d is within acceptable limits for an Asian 7750. It's borderline, but it's ok.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I have a few watches that probably need regulated but I don't mind as I switch out my watches about every third day. About 5 of them anyway. Most just sit in the box being all lazy like a bump on a log.

+1
It is the same for me, because I wear the waches 1-2 times per month

+17s/d is fine for an Asian 7750. Even if some run better, this is within acceptable limits.

+1 Wiz :notworthy:

In fact, if the watch were mine, really I would not touch it.
I should have said that in my post !!
Sorry for the troubles

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
+1+1 Wiz :notworthy:

In fact, if the watch were mine, really I would not touch it.
I should have said that in my post !!
Sorry for the troubles

No worries mate, +17s/d is not great for sure, but this is an Asian 7750 we're talking about. :)
To be sure to have an accurate 7750, the only solutions are to go for a Swiss, which is a 300-500 euros solution, or to have the Asian 7750 serviced, which is around 100-150 euros.

Quite expensive if the aim is only to gain 10-15 seconds per day. :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
No worries mate, +17s/d is not great for sure, but this is an Asian 7750 we're talking about. :)
To be sure to have an accurate 7750, the only solutions are to go for a Swiss, which is a 300-500 euros solution, or to have the Asian 7750 serviced, which is around 100-150 euros.

Quite expensive if the aim is only to gain 10-15 seconds per day. :)

As I wrote: :notworthy: again

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks for the kind words, but at best I'm a concerned hobbyist. :)

Corrections:
Thanks for the DESERVED words, I'm a EXPERIENCED, CONNOISSEUR and concerned hobbyist.

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Well, as it is borderline I asked if it could be regulated better. Looking at other QC's they do tend to be 5s/day or less for this model, so no harm in asking even if it is a bit fussy.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
You're right, asking can't hurt. :)
Hope they'll accept, but even if they don't, it's a great watch and you can proudly wear it.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Well, as it is borderline I asked if it could be regulated better. Looking at other QC's they do tend to be 5s/day or less for this model, so no harm in asking even if it is a bit fussy.

You're right, asking can't hurt. :)
Hope they'll accept, but even if they don't, it's a great watch and you can proudly wear it.

+1
PhilS keep updating

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Update : They had no problem, now regulated far better. Pic says +1s/day :) This is more than I'd hoped...anything less than 10-15s/day is v. good as far as I can see. Though others in this range did appear to be nearer 5s/day which is excellent. So great service from Angus' team.

However as U say it is worth noting that for A7750 I should not expect perfection, and we should not all be demanding silly standards from the dealers. This is why I was cautious and asked your opinion on the 17s/day to see if my concerns were unreasonable or not.

All my reps so far i think have been < 15s/day so I have been fortunate. And at the end of the day they can all be serviced at some point anyway.

Thanks for the guidance guys :)
Phil

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Update : They had no problem, now regulated far better. Pic says +1s/day :) This is more than I'd hoped...anything less than 10-15s/day is v. good as far as I can see. Though others in this range did appear to be nearer 5s/day which is excellent. So great service from Angus' team.

However as U say it is worth noting that for A7750 I should not expect perfection, and we should not all be demanding silly standards from the dealers. This is why I was cautious and asked your opinion on the 17s/day to see if my concerns were unreasonable or not.

All my reps so far i think have been < 15s/day so I have been fortunate. And at the end of the day they can all be serviced at some point anyway.

Phil

Great attitude mate. :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Phil

One point for PT
Congrats Phil !!