• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

High-end Dressy Sports Watches (AP RO, PP Nautilus, VCO)

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I just wanted to share with you photos of my collection of high-end dressy sports watch replicas: the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, Patek Philippe Nautilus, and Vacheron Constantin Overseas.

DSC00767.jpg

Group Photo.

DSC00784.jpg

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300

DSC00782.jpg

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711/1A

DSC00785.jpg

Vacheron Constantin Overseas 47040

Stromtrooper4

22/11/07
Gentatastic collection. I couldn't wear the AP cos of my girlie wrists but I would like a PP again. How does the VC wear. ? such an underrated watch

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Nice little collection there. My fav by far is the VC; such a nice watch :)

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Gentatastic collection. I couldn't wear the AP cos of my girlie wrists but I would like a PP again. How does the VC wear. ? such an underrated watch

The VCO is quite a bit bigger than the AP RO, at 42.5mm vs. 39mm. However, it doesn't feel like that large a watch, since it is quite thin, and it hugs the wrist. It fits nicely, I think, on my 6.75" wrist.

mikeyp

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/11
Love that collection all are on my wish list

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
In sad news, Gerald Genta, who was responsible for the design of the Patek Philippe Golden Ellipse, Audemars Piguet Royal Oak, Patek Philippe Nautilus, IWC Ingenieur SL, Bulgari's Bulgari-Bulgari, IWC DaVinci, and Cartier Pasha, passed away on August 17, 2011.

http://www.watchtime.com/2011/08/gerald-genta-has-died-at-age-80/

I have attached an interesting profile of this highly influential and prolific watch designer (from WatchTime):

trueb_genta_profile.jpg

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I'm reposting photos of my gen Vacheron Constantin Overseas, and after that, a photo comparison between the gen and rep (cartel version, but with lower quality bracelet, and short second hand).

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

I think that the VCO from Puretime, which is essentially the one Silix used to offer, but without the double AR, is the best available on the wrist. In particular, it has the trapezoidal date window, larger Maltese cross, and larger arabic numerals, as well as a shorter crown. I have however seen a variant (with the black dial) which has the cartel case, with the Silix type dial, but it had a white on black datewheel (which is incorrect). A word of caution, the VCO has many small variations, and this is a watch where you really have to rely on QC photos, as opposed to just what is showed on the dealer websites. There are different crowns, casebacks, bracelets, dials, and watch hands.

This is the side by side photo comparison of the genuine and an older replica (cartel) versions of the Vacheron Constantin Overseas. The bracelet is a bit lower quality than the non-cartel version of the VCO that I currently have, in that the shiny beveled part between the links is cut more deeply than on the gen. However, I have seen cartel versions of the replica with a higher-quality bracelet.

There is a good comparison of the rep and gen VCO here:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t141.html

yukosaturno

Horology Curious
4/7/15
very nice trio,for me,the ap is the best one by far..my dream collection is this 15300,an aquanaut 5167 and the daytona zenith..... looking to get an aquanaut as my first pp soon....

repvar

2/4/15
I actually just sold my SW200 Nautilius. I know it's nice, but it was just too boring for my tastes.

Mandreas

Renowned Member
9/11/14
Gorgeous trio, grab yourself an IWC ingenieur, and an Omega Constellation and round out the Genta masterpiece collection ;P