• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hollywood

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
Last night I watched unknown starring Liam Neeson. As previously discussed, he wears a DSSD. But what I got to thinking is that they have to use reps in action movies right? to keep the cost down in case of "accidental" breakage. Or is it one of those deals that because of product placement Omega (Bond movies) and this one (Rolex) they tell them that maybe a limit of 10 pieces for the movie.

However, it would be really cool if the stunt people bought reps for these scenes and used the gens on close up and non action scenes.

acharria

26/10/09
Sometimes are gens and sometimes they use dummy watches, not replicas.. No brand allow a replica in the movie, they provide both watches to close up's and stunt scenes . Just like any other jewelry..

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
the production company spends tens of millions of dollars, if not more, to make these movies... do you really think they are worried about breaking a few rollies worth 10 grand each.

revhrd

5/2/11
yes but as a stunt person/equipment manager wouldn't you be at some point tempted to switch it with the fabled AAAA++++++++ rep? I'm sure the watch companies supply a certain amount to get it showcased and obviously flaunt the so called durability of the watch.

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Check out this screenshot of the rolex in the tv show Lost.... is it real? Hmmmmm.

552px-Watch.jpg

PecMan

4/5/09
it is an special edition :lol1:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Last night I watched unknown starring Liam Neeson. As previously discussed, he wears a DSSD. But what I got to thinking is that they have to use reps in action movies right? to keep the cost down in case of "accidental" breakage. Or is it one of those deals that because of product placement Omega (Bond movies) and this one (Rolex) they tell them that maybe a limit of 10 pieces for the movie.

However, it would be really cool if the stunt people bought reps for these scenes and used the gens on close up and non action scenes.

I can see the Spielberg’s assistant… speaking to the famous producer and director…:

Hi Stev…hummm… I’m going to spend about two or three millions of dollars in the special effects for the next take… but… I would need four Rolex DSSD… and I’m seeing in Internet… there is a possibility to save some thousand of dollars… buying replica watches…

Spielberg becomes interested

…I have find a forum called RWI, where there are some dealers they call TD (?) which are selling Rolex and other brands very cheaper, but I have some doubts…

Spielberg says: Tell me I’m very intrigued!!

... There are ten or more TD, all them have DSSD, but a lot of DSSD!!. Besides there are others without web but they seem be better for DSSD. There is one called BK who, as they say, have the better DSSD, but I don’t know why and I don’t know who is BK!! He make modifications in the Rolex, I didn’t know a Rolex needed be modified!
I have seen in other webs that there are “better” DSSD, even “Swiss made”. Some are more expensive but other are cheaper (??).
Curiously, they are not TD (…I think TD is trusted dealer…). Why?
For example I have found Swiss-goodlie-watches.com. They have a DSSD “swiss made” no Asian, of course, with a called ETA movement (???) 1:1 rep (???), made at the same factory that gen (?) for 999,95 USD. It is not a bargain, But with such a quality…!!!
I’m going to put a post in RWI, why Swiss-goodlie-watches is not a TD? I don’t understand it. Sure any member of RWI has realized that this fantastic and cheap dealer exists.

Spielberg continues being interested but a little impatient…

But there are more things to bear in mind…
For the movement (perhaps, it is what the watch has inside...) we have, Asian clone, “Swiss ETA” (also), Asian clone but from 3135 ETA (??), and other cheaper, but following the dealer very reliable, called sometimes A 2813 and others 21J…
Even now I’m seeing there is an Asian Super-clone which resolves all problems. What problems??. Because any movement had problems following the catalogues!!
Besides, the called BK (I don’t know who is yet) puts genuine Swiss ETA (So, the others were no genuine??) o even other movement called Sellita.
I never had needed all that buying a watch!!. Always, just I said: give me this or that one. What a ignorance!!
According to these catalogues is also absolutely important:
- Updated bellewed edge date window
- Accurate DW font
- Centered pearl
- Deep accurate rehault ROLEX-ROLEX-ROLEX-…
- Unidirectional rotating bezel with a lot of clicks…
- Glidelock clasp with divers extension.
- Dome sapphire crystal with 5mm thickness

Spielberg starts removing on his seat and consults his gen Rolex DSSD…Firstly the time, but, immediately, very intrigued, trying to see such a quantity of things….

Assistant continues:
- Serial numbers and model marks between lugs and rehault.
- Hack possibility movement
- Laser engraved logo at 6
- Lume improved

Spielberg become white, removes more on his seat. And consult again his gen DSSD (he don’t understand how a little device like his simple Rolex can have such amount of marvellous things!!

Assistant don’t have finished yet…
As you can see, Steve, I’m going to need a specializing dictionary to understand all and to be able to buy the watches. But the saving money it will be spectacular!! And I think it is worth!!
More…
- Ceramic bezel
- Corrected 10 in bezel (I thought there was an only “10” in Arabic numerals)

Spielberg becomes yellow…

Besides, I must be sure the replica is 1:1 case and bezel and made from a genuine watch as sample. That’s definitive.
Ah! I don't know why, but the watch must be Ultimate, Best version, and made of 316F siuper-white. I thought all watches were just made with iron.
Spare parts must be interchangeable with the originals…
Oh!! I forget consulting if it will be 3900meters water proof!!

Spierberg becomes red…

I think I need to put a mail a some persons called Lay, Angus, Mark… but I don’t know yet who are they.
Then we must pay, it is the easier. No problems!!!
Then we will receive the pics of our watches, I don’t know why, because we have bought a DSSD, therefore we will receive a DSSD, isn’t it?
Then we will receive a tracking number to track the parcel every hour if we want…
In 15-25 days we will receive the three DSSD…
If we have not customs issues, of course…

No problems if some watch have a loose hand o pearl, or bracelet is disassembled or doesn’t work. You can return the watch, paying the transport cost, and then the dealer…

Spielberg explodes…

STOP!!! SHUT YOUR MOTH!!! I can't go on like this!! That's driving me mad!!!
GO to the nearest AD Rolex and BUY THREE OR FOUR “SIMPLE” Rolex DSSD. JUST LIKE MINE!!!
And, please buy also for me two hot dogs and a Coke for dinner. Agh!!!

Of course, revhrd, this is just a joke and a nice and friendly critic review of our replica market!!
Excuse me my friend

revhrd

5/2/11
Great post made me laugh... You see where they have scenes in movies usually a car chase where the car gets hit and one scene shows the impact and the next does not. It would not seem to out of reality to try the rep world as a tool.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
This was my favorite part of the story :)

SARCASTIC? I SUPPOSE
Sorry to bored you
You cannot imagine the effort to translate all story to English!!
I have seen already it was not worth

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
SARCASTIC? I SUPPOSE
Sorry to bored you
You cannot imagine the effort to translate all story to English!!
I have seen already it was not worth

Hey, don't take it the wrong way, the story was hilarious! It truly captured the essence of our hobby and how crazy it is that we obsess over 'fake' stuff...

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
ALE, my friend, sometimes humour gets lost in translation. I learned that, to my own cost, last night. But things can easily be ironed out and finished on a friendly note.

Bronzy was being humorous, certainly not offensive, as he's since pointed out.

Keep smiling. :):):)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hey, don't take it the wrong way, the story was hilarious! It truly captured the essence of our hobby and how crazy it is that we obsess over 'fake' stuff...

ALE, my friend, sometimes humour gets lost in translation. I learned that, to my own cost, last night. But things can easily be ironed out and finished on a friendly note.

Bronzy was being humorous, certainly not offensive, as he's since pointed out.

Keep smiling. :):):)

Thanks Badwin always helping me!!
As usual translation and misunderstanding problems.
No problems Bronzy, my friend, I'm not annoyed. No problems, believe me
Badwin knows me very well and he knows about my attitude and friendly character.
What a problem the lenguage!! Do you remember with Pecman Badwin??
Sorry a lot amigos!!
Muchas gracias for your understanding
Regards
ALE

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
lol at this post.

Typical $40M budget, i don't think they are worried about $10,000.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
+1 I believe they destroyed 6 Aston Martin DBS's during the filming of Quantum of Solace. :facepalm:

I really don't think they would give a sh*t about a watch or two... or twelve for that matter.