• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all Wm9 YM experts...

ispytonyv

Renowned Member
16/8/09
I'm a bit confused by the question... are you asking if this is a wm9 YM at all, or whether we can tell if it is one straight from wm9 vs. one that's received mods from BK?

I'm almost 100% certain this is a wm9 YM based on the rehaut angle and SEL fit alone, but couldn't say whether it's been BK modded from the pics.

JamDot

I'm Pretty Popular
22/6/11
Thanks Tony!
I'm asking all of the above...
It has been suggested that I was ripped off on another forum.
I doubt this seller would scam me....

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
as Ispytonyv said, this is definately a wm9 ym, but its hard to tell if bk put it together or not. If you got it from a reputable member then it would be easy to trace it back to bk if need be. But if you dont wanna go through all that trouble i'll be glad to take it off your hands if your too skeptical about it..LOL

JamDot

I'm Pretty Popular
22/6/11
Notice the "E" in Rolex,,,it's driving me nuts....

Can someone please explain to this nub what tight SEL fit is?
SEL = Solid End Links
Is it the way the endlinks fit the watch?
is it the vertical space in between the SEL?
is it the way the SELs fit the center links?

Thanks

as Ispytonyv said, this is definately a wm9 ym, but its hard to tell if bk put it together or not. If you got it from a reputable member then it would be easy to trace it back to bk if need be. But if you dont wanna go through all that trouble i'll be glad to take it off your hands if your too skeptical about it..LOL

I doubt you will pay the price I did and I doubt I will sell it!

Thank you both for contributing to my thread, I have been really nervous about this..

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
no reason to be nervous as you have 1 hell of a nice watch there...period!!!!...

the "E" seems to have some printing blemish on it but i highly doubt its visible to the naked eye..probably just a little detail that wasnt very noticeable during QC.

and yes SEL is solid end link, and refers to the way it fits the watch lug to lug and how the bracelet end link is touching the watch case.

ispytonyv

Renowned Member
16/8/09
Is it the way the endlinks fit the watch?

…

Thank you both for contributing to my thread, I have been really nervous about this.

Yep, the SELs fit perfectly between the lugs on your wm9, in contrast to the budget YM I'm wearing as I type this where it's not as tight so there's a hairline gap. Also, the rehaut on non-wm9s like mine is slightly wokky whereas yours is straight like the gen. At WORST, you bought one without BK's mods, which is still a fantastic watch… nothing to be nervous about, IMHO.

Not sure what to make of the blemish near the E, but I doubt it's noticeable to anyone but you when you're staring at the dial from 5 inches away ;)

no reason to be nervous as you have 1 hell of a nice watch there...period!!!!...

the "E" seems to have some printing blemish on it but i highly doubt its visible to the naked eye..probably just a little detail that wasnt very noticeable during QC.

and yes SEL is solid end link, and refers to the way it fits the watch lug to lug and how the bracelet end link is touching the watch case.

LOL, guess I was typing basically the same reply as you were posting…

JamDot

I'm Pretty Popular
22/6/11
Thanks guys. The E is not noticeable to the naked eye. Even up close.
I am much happier now. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Tony. By any chance is your YM the ultimate one going for around 400? It looks pretty decent on dealers websites.

ispytonyv

Renowned Member
16/8/09
Thanks guys. The E is not noticeable to the naked eye. Even up close.
I am much happier now. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Tony. By any chance is your YM the ultimate one going for around 400? It looks pretty decent on dealers websites.

Nope, got mine from Anubis, one of the mods on another forum. Cheap 21j model that went for $100 lightly used... this is it below (to illustrate that almost any watch looks decent in the right pic).

img1161ej.jpg

danielv2000

Renowned Member
14/10/10
Looks good. If you have any doubts, trace back the watch to BK.

I almost pulled the trigger on a TT WM9 Sub which was 3rd hand already. Could not trace back.

3035Dream

Known Member
4/9/09
If anything the dial might be swapped out. Do you have a good straight on shot?