• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a gen 16600 sea dweller?

ImWatchingYOU

24/8/10
I was lurking around the other day for a gen 16600 sea-dweller, and found this one. It should be a D serial one, dated back to 2005.

The pictures can be found here: http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x360/demonloop/Sd-D/

I saw that this one has a shiny hev, from what I read before if a SD has a shiny HEV it should have lug holes, which it does not. Also from the underside pictures I see that the spring bars are not the rolex 20mm ones, but thinner? What do you guys think, rep or gen?

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
The non-centered date is a suspect.

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
Looks Gen to me, handstack seems to be correct for a 3135. Pearl looks right, Hev looks right (darker in most pics), perfect endlink fit.

Franke

Tech Team
Advisor
28/5/10
I will give it a shot. Strange how hard these ones can be.

1. Pearl look just a little bit to big.

2. Crystal seems to be a hair to high.

3. CG´s seems to wide.

The documents say "submariner", not "seadweller". I dont know if they had separate booklets, but i would expect that. The hanger is packed in a zipper bag. With a gen, i think it comes attached, not packed.

From this i say it´s a replica.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Non modded Bezel teeth!!
They look perfect..
The end links are attached really good to the case and seem as they should be..
The caseback is right..
The dial markers are correct for 16600..
The date place says rolex movement..

But i would like to think of it a little more...
Really hard one..Maybe a gen with rep parts???
Don't know but i would like to see more opinions!!!

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Get from an AD and have a peace of mind. Sometimes, it's not worth saving a thousand dollars if you get a counterfeit product unless you can get it to verify from rolex service center before buying it.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Seeing as how Rolex is the most repped watch hands down, and how good many out-of-the box reps are these days, and how many people on this board alone mod and Franken them,
WHY in the name of all things Holy would anyone even consider buying a Rolex from anyone other than an AD or a trusted and known forum member??
WHY???

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
I heard an incident from rolex forum where a Guy bought a bargain sub online from an owner. When he service his rolex at rolex service center, he was informed the bracelet is fake.

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
I would buy a used Rolex only if the seller agrees to a joint visit to the RSC before finalizing the deal.

I would never buy from an AD, because... Have you seen their latest price list? Jeez!

mcdj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/09
I bought a gen SD from a reputable dealer a couple of years ago on eBay in like new condition for $4500. Took it to Rolex and they informed me the watch was 100% genuine.

Happens all the time.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The position of the crown is fairly strong evidence to me that it's a gen.

A rep crown sits much lower.

P1020203.jpg

ImWatchingYOU

24/8/10
Great stuff guys, thanks! It's really hard to buy a watch nowadays, with all of these great reps and especially frankens which cost half price of the gen around..

Unfortunately it is not possible to buy a 16600 Dweller from an AD anymore, and the best deals always go around virtually in the internet!!!!!!!! :(

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
If you use PayPal you will be covered...gives you time to pop the caseback off and see or take it by an AD. Maybe you can get him to agree to an inpection period of three days or so.