• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a native chinese speaker, quick translation help

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Hi!

Any kind person here at RWI who speaks (writes) chinese and can help me translate a couple of sentences from english to chinese and then after a while translate the answer from chinese to english? Probably only a couple of minutes work and I would appreciate it a lot!

Im going to buy a dance competition dress for my little sister, and need to communicate a few very important questions with the seller for which my non existent chinese and the sellers bad english cannot be trusted.

additional info:

Seller is from Hong Kong if that matters. (I know that the chinese can vary- mandarin and cantonese and so on)

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Good thing: Seller responded and we could agree.

Bad thing: The f*cker still sent me the wrong item!!!

offshore

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
17/3/06
Maybe its not the case here......however on my recent trip to China, I discovered that a number of Chinese who I deal with, who speak good English, and read and write good English...don't necessarily HEAR good English!
This was very surprising to identify, however I proved it on a few occasions.
I think it is in the interpretation of the English word.
So now, when I have anything important to say, I WRITE IT DOWN!
And.... the message gets through when they are given the time to digest the spoken word, (and back that up with written words or in some cases by using pictures)
So think about communication problems you may be having, it may be due to misinterpretation of a word!
Offshore

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Shouldnt be the case here since I got translation help from a Chinese speaking member. Also the sellers answer and follow up instructions told me clearly that he understood.

Hmm so how big are my chances to have my money back? Paid 110 £ to this seller at eBay and I would rather have that money put towards a watch than in the pocket of a dishonest seller in hong kong :)

Anybody got experience with paypal dispute? I'd rather not pay the return shipping which is almost 25% of the whole purchase. Have emailed the seller earlier today, and will wait 1 or 2 days before opening a dispute.

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Yeah somehow I knew there would be problems :p guess the saying "buy the dealer first then the watch" applies to clothes dealers as well!

Hope yr case turn up well. So far I have no problem dealing with those from China for clothing or bag. Replica or gen. Everything turn up well. I got all the correct color, pattern and sizes.

Lorentzo

4/5/10
Hope yr case turn up well. So far I have no problem dealing with those from China for clothing or bag. Replica or gen. Everything turn up well. I got all the correct color, pattern and sizes.

Me too :)

In this case the color was right but size, pattern and model was wrong. Typical bait and switch.