• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Isn't this a fake pretending to be a gen?

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
Just saw this on watchrecon and I thought it was too good to be true..Having seen the pics, I thought the crystal does not have the clarity of the gen....besides look at the so called gen Omega strap....it's revealing far too much of the springbars....ain't it.....

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=485787&rid=0

This guy should be busted if he's selling a rep as gen....or is this really a gen?

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
It looks gen as far as I can tell but the strap is certainly not meant for a PO, likely a Speedmaster [hence the gaps (width being 20mm where the 45mm PO has a 22mm lug width)].

Remember, if you're in doubt stay away + buy the seller first, the watch second.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
It looks gen, but could always be a franken. It looks like crap on that strap, though.

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
I agree with shirazi: Gen with the wrong strap.

Too expensive. At that price, you can find correct examples in better condition.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
It's nice to see a Gen 45.5 PO w/o the globe on the caseback.....
P1010619.jpg

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Either a) It's an early PO that didn't have the anti-counterfeiting device or b) the photography is so crappy that we can't see it!

Poor photography is also why I don't think you can judge this watch based on the clarity of its crystal!