• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GEN?? Omega SMPC

3035Dream

Known Member
4/9/09
I purchased this Omega off the bay. I'm hoping that I did get a gen. It has the warranty card box and books. No other papers :( On to the pix. Let me know your thoughts. If it is a replica then I would say it is a good one. I don't have the tool to remove the back. He did have movement shots but not to say it was this watch. The watch was in "worn" shape. More than the pix had shown. I'm sure not all blemishes will show on camera.

On to the pix. Sorry I'm no pro at photos.

kV6Gch.jpg

Yeueah.jpg

BtiARh.jpg

xVRxzh.jpg

hxn6xh.jpg

5gHeMh.jpg

i792ah.jpg

N30nyh.jpg

p2OSch.jpg

zd1noh.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Does it have a SN# at 7?

And I don't see the red dot.

3035Dream

Known Member
4/9/09
Where at 7? with caseback on? Red dot where? He has had the back off himself due to scratches no professional would scratch it that bad.

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Does it have a SN# at 7?

And I don't see the red dot.

It almost looks like the SN was buffed off (gray market?). The red dot would be MIA if the case back had been removed to take movement shots.

OP, how about a link to the auction?

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
Serial Number would be on back of the lug at 7 oclock position , although presence of same does not guarantee authenticity as some early reps had one there, lume is better than my gen!!

Take it into a watchsmith, he will know once he looks at movement

3035Dream

Known Member
4/9/09
Found my opener. Got the case back open. Also thank guys for the info.

becqF.jpg

9ktAA.jpg

GIpNH.jpg

rxVNH.jpg

xYpBc.jpg

1NaLz.jpg

B0MD2.jpg

njNDU.jpg

The watchsmith I took it to today would not open the caseback. He said he didn't want to be responsible for anything. He looked at it and said "Yep its gen, They don't make replicas that good". I didn't want to burst his bubble. So I told him thanks anyway. I live two hours from an Omega AD. I called them to setup an appointment they said they would have to ship it to New York for verification.

Thanks

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I guess the didn't put SN#'s on them?
Was there a red dot at 6 o'clock at the case back?

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I'm thinking Gen, but gray market. The case appears to have the SN buffed off of the lug, but the clear movement shot looks like there is a SN there, they just "failed" to drill it out/remove it, like I have seen on some.

3035Dream

Known Member
4/9/09
No red dot anywhere that I could find. So if gray market what happens when I send it in for service? Also with the warranty card does that mean anything?

Thanks

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
Thats BS "ship it to NY" Omega AD here will do it while you wait...dont let them have it...you wont get it back...even though its a gen..

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I base my info on the word of a friend that handles repairs/shipping etc. for a Jared here. YMMV

Targa

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/10
iT IS GEN, ITS FROM THE EARLY 90S..Grey market, I bought my Titanium SMP in Bahamas at that time...looks the same (except that lume is spectacular!)

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
I'm thinking Gen, but gray market. The case appears to have the SN buffed off of the lug, but the clear movement shot looks like there is a SN there, they just "failed" to drill it out/remove it, like I have seen on some.
That is a very nice looking piece. Congradulations.
Mind if I ask what gray market is ? I've got a genuine TAG Heuer that still has the number on the mvt. but the number on the back under the model number had been buffed off and the number on the COSC certificate had been blacked out. The warranty card came from World of Watches in 5/31/2000.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Gray market is a purchase not made through an AD. You will see this with independents, Costco, online, etc.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I'm assuming "Grey Market" watches are worth less money ... How much less?

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I'm assuming "Grey Market" watches are worth less money ... How much less?

I have had a difficult time locking that down. Ultimately it is what a buyer is willing to pay. But I have seen them go for 40-50% less than one from an AD.