• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The real ap diver is here (teaser pic)

schaffhausen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/10
Shame about the incorrect dial font (300m, Automatic etc.), looks great otherwise

Detailed pics...

49170813.jpg

GBOGH

I'm Pretty Popular
24/8/10
:facepalm:

DAMN THE FONT is off!!!

ap_royal_oak_offshore_diver_1.jpg

Seriously? If anyone looks that closely at your watch with a loop in hand, the font being off is the least of your worries.

Anal retentive you are... :yoda:

:lol:

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
the font is not a bother to me but lume on the inner bezel would be nice. i suppose you could have someone paint it on...

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
If you are too picky I would say "buy the gen..."

Shame on you Yannou... "buy the gen"... tisk, tisk... :lolcina:

NEVER!!!

I'm all about reps... you should know that!

I was just pointing out the difference, it's what we do around here (especially when a new model is released from a different factory).

And as usual... three issues fixed (case back, cyclops & screw down bezel crown) and one issue invented (wrong font).

fitipaldi

8/10/10
QC pics received today from Andrew:

APDiverQC1.jpg

APDiverQC2.jpg

APDiverQC3.jpg

APDiverQC4.jpg

The watch seems to be correct, but I will ask him for dial closer picture and one of the movt. (I ordered i with SW-200)

Do you have any remarks guys?

thanks

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Looks good fitipaldi!
damn my funds right now :(:(:(

I'm thinking any decent modder or someone with steady, patient hands could pop off the 12:00 markers and glue them closer to each other. Just that, some lume + AR and it would be a top watch!

IMHO, it is an amazing version now, the above mod is just my anus talking ;)

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
I received qc pics today aswell and it looks like they're doing individual serial numbers which is great.

Yours has a similar characteristic to mine in the sense that the 12 markers look like they are ever so slightly not parallel with each other.....what does everyone else think?

Optical illusion perhaps?

I'm seeing if I can change mine to the SW movement before it ships.

I'm going to reserve judgement on wether it really needs the AR and relume until I have it in my hands. I suspect it will need it though.

Another thing I noticed apart from the font is that the date window cutout on the dial isn't finished very well but I can live with that.

It's still a great rep.

fitipaldi

8/10/10
thanks!! The watch will go directly to Uwe in Germany for Double AR and lume work. I will ask him if he can do the lumed marks to look thicker.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Shame on you Yannou... "buy the gen"... tisk, tisk... :lolcina:

NEVER!!!

I'm all about reps... you should know that!

I was just pointing out the difference, it's what we do around here (especially when a new model is released from a different factory).

And as usual... three issues fixed (case back, cyclops & screw down bezel crown) and one issue invented (wrong font).

Was joking as usually I'm never able to spot all the flaws you see guys

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
As a thought, is it possible to order the version with the correct cyclops etc and then also buy just the dial from the other one? If the other dial is more correct then it should be an easy swap into this new case...

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
As a thought, is it possible to order the version with the correct cyclops etc and then also buy just the dial from the other one? If the other dial is more correct then it should be an easy swap into this new case...

Sure...anything is possible. The other dial from the Channel Factory version has the correct font. At the risk of coming across as too anal, it's stupid stuff like the font being totally off that stops me from buying it immediately. Now i'll have to wait for the V2.1 from the Noob factory or the V3 from the Channel factory. If i'm gonna spend $300 it's gotta be no mods needed!

for me it's back to :watching: waiting :(

watchfaker

26/12/10
damn after all this waiting, the damn font is wrong. Maybe I'll wait longer for V2 of this "real" diver...

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
From the qc and website pictures, the datewindow doesn't look square enough, the edges are rounded. For those who received theirs, what's your opinion about the datewindow? thanks

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
I received mine yesterday and when I unscrewed the crown at 10, it just came out in my hand! The crown didn't turn the inner bezel at all. Just screws in and out and does nothing else.
When you unscrew it, the crown doesn't stay on the watch, just falls into your hand.

This is the NoobFactory version which has just come out :-(

It's going back today, but either I'm very unlucky or the quality isn't there on all of them.

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
OMG!!! First the ALL BLACK, now this... It's really frustrating... at least it has a way to be fixed...
I just don't understand WHY, WHY they cannot check things like that before send it over to us...

Good luck!!!

I received mine yesterday and when I unscrewed the crown at 10, it just came out in my hand! The crown didn't turn the inner bezel at all. Just screws in and out and does nothing else.
When you unscrew it, the crown doesn't stay on the watch, just falls into your hand.

This is the NoobFactory version which has just come out :-(

It's going back today, but either I'm very unlucky or the quality isn't there on all of them.

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
OMG!!! First the ALL BLACK, now this... It's really frustrating... at least it has a way to be fixed...
I just don't understand WHY, WHY they cannot check things like that before send it over to us...

Good luck!!!

Thanks mate.....I'm not having much luck with the reps I'm ordering at the moment :-(

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Thanks mate.....I'm not having much luck with the reps I'm ordering at the moment :-(

And your dealer didn't do his job with the QC....Too bad...sorry for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
Well it's one of the biggest dealers...not here though.
He'll make it right but as you say, it shouldnt happen in the first place with proper QC