• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Witch looks more GEN?

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
I know the SA are quite popular may be for a good reason not just the looks.

I just saw the Skyland avenger code yellow and like the way it looks but do not know if it has any give aways that will be ovious.

I just saw it with Lay and in pure time.

The other i love is the SA with the stiks instead of numbers.

Do you know why the yellow is 80 buks less than tne SA? is because the accuracy? Quality?

What else can you tell me.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
SA is $80 more for a few reasons. It's popular. It's huge. There really isn't a good reason for it.

The code yellow is accurate except the hand colors but is an easy mod. The benefit of the code yellow(Gen) is it's a limited addition so most people won't even know what to look for.

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
SA is $80 more for a few reasons. It's popular. It's huge. There really isn't a good reason for it.

The code yellow is accurate except the hand colors but is an easy mod. The benefit of the code yellow(Gen) is it's a limited addition so most people won't even know what to look for.

I can live with the yellow color not being as the gen. Any other ovious flaws?

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Witch looks more gen?

witch1.gif

witch%20pot%20h.jpg

haha, sorry, couldn't resist, gotta love English!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
:rofl:

You guys crack me up.

As far as the two watches mentioned, a lot depends on what size wrist you have, and what feels comfortable on it. The SA isn't for the weak. It's a huge chunk of metal on your wrist. If that's your thing, do it. If you like something smaller, get the Yellow.

m3nster

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
United States
Code yellow skyland is a limited edition and is more rare, so if you are looking to "pull it off" then you better have a good story behind it!!! :) I did play with one at an AD when I was in Hong Kong though and its pretty schweeet.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
rep is missing "swiss made" at the 6 position on dial and i believe they just put the standard skyland caseback on these when it should have a different caseback just for the code yellow.

i really love this watch too and have been waiting to see if they update it with the correct chrono seconds hand and swiss made.

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
rep is missing "swiss made" at the 6 position on dial and i believe they just put the standard skyland caseback on these when it should have a different caseback just for the code yellow.

i really love this watch too and have been waiting to see if they update it with the correct chrono seconds hand and swiss made.

I thought the dial issue applied to all versions of the code yellow, but then I found this link:

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_Detail.aspx?ProductID=201105261626

Not sure if it is legit or not, but as you can see -- "Swiss Made"....

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
wow. MR does seem to have one with the swiss made, strange they didn't fix the chrono seconds hand. crazy.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
wow. MR does seem to have one with the swiss made, strange they didn't fix the chrono seconds hand. crazy.

Crazy like a fox.
If they made a (nearly) perfect rep, they would sell one per interested buyer, and that would be it. Plus they'd draw more ire from the gen companies.
By leaving some fixable flaws, each buyer may buy multiple versions as things are "fixed". Notice how nearly every improvement in some area comes with a new flaw that was better on the previous version?
And there are always "tells" which keep the gen companies from getting overly aggressive.
The Chinese are very smart and cunning. To get a great rep you have to use a V1 case and V2 hands and a V3 dial... and they just sold 3 watches.

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Crazy like a fox.
If they made a (nearly) perfect rep, they would sell one per interested buyer, and that would be it. Plus they'd draw more ire from the gen companies.
By leaving some fixable flaws, each buyer may buy multiple versions as things are "fixed". Notice how nearly every improvement in some area comes with a new flaw that was better on the previous version?
And there are always "tells" which keep the gen companies from getting overly aggressive.
The Chinese are very smart and cunning. To get a great rep you have to use a V1 case and V2 hands and a V3 dial... and they just sold 3 watches.

You speak the truth... Dang

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk