• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Straps for strange lug shapes/setups?

pallan

11/1/11
I have a watch with a strange style of lug.. where it looks as though it would fit a 22mm strap, but when you look at the underside of the watch, the lug spacing is only 18mm. That makes an 18mm strap look way too small, but a 22mm isn't possible to attach. The watch was meant for a specially fitted bracelet that came with it. Basically, I need a strap that's something like this (sorry for my crude drawing):

custom.jpg

So the question is, where to get one?

Thanks!!

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
If there are any sources of not too expensive straps with cut-outs, that would be good to know.

I currently have an el-cheapo Patek Nautilus which looks pretty, but not worth much.

It will soon need a new strap. Should I get one or ditch the watch?

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Take a 22mm strap and trim the ends down to your specs. It should work out perfect, or you can get one custom made from someone here.

pallan

11/1/11
Take a 22mm strap and trim the ends down to your specs. It should work out perfect, or you can get one custom made from someone here.

I tried this originally, but I think I'll have to go the custom strap route. Turns out I'm just not meant for the world of strapmaking. I won't even take photos of how my attempt turned out. :lolcina:

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Turns out I'm just not meant for the world of strapmaking. I won't even take photos of how my attempt turned out. :lolcina:
I feel your pain. Just remember, practice makes perfect.