• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzy & his straps are awesome!!!!

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
Bronzy & his straps are awesome!!!! (STRAP REVIEWS)

6/22/11 UPDATE
This is after a week of wear on the straps. You can see that the threading is coming out because it wasn't finished properly and the glue is coming out of the strap holder.

IMAGE_356.jpg

IMAGE_355.jpg

IMAGE_354.jpg

On the side note Bronzy made me a new strap and everything is perfected almost. Need this strap beefier, but you can see that threading has been glued/burned/aka finished properly and the strap holder is now glued on better and stitched. So I'm guessing with the overhaul all minor issues will be fixed. Will update as soon as I get the straps back from Bronzy.

IMAGE_359.jpg

IMAGE_358.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I'm a cheap bastard and I love the "Bang for your Buck!" philosophy and for those who like to get the best for your money, then you'll love Bronzy's straps.

So here's the deal, I asked Bronzy to custom make me a Dark Brown supper supple strap and here's what he came up with.

DSCF0206.JPG

DSCF0209.JPG

So I haven't owned many straps but I have experience with 2 other makers. Panatime and Zack from Red12.

So the pluses:
Awesome choice leather, supper supple
Cool vintage design
Hand sewn (ie uneven stitching), compared to Panatime (I think it's machine sewn), which I like gives it more character.

The negatives:
End of stitch not treated (not sure if it's supposed to be burned or glued or something... but just worried it might come off)
The end-strap holder not stitched closed (also worried this might come off)

So that's pretty much it so far. I will add some more after wearing a few weeks straight... Other than that awesome job Bronzy! I can honestly say that I will be getting most of my straps from you and maybe all if you can do a bund type... :)

Oh and one last thing as far as the negatives go... Bronzy was willing to fix it for free no charge so not a big deal... we will see how this strap turns out.

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

05tbowner

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/9/10
Beautiful strap! He's making one for me as we speak! Can't wait!

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
I like the pics you took, and thanks for the nice review! Better than my crappy phone ones in the sales section, that's for sure.

This was actually a pretty fun strap to make because all smascarinas said was that he wanted a dark brown soft strap, and let me go from there...

If you do have problems with the thread and what not, you are welcome to send it to me for repair... I can see the problem with that darn keeper... I am using a new glue, and apparently it didn't bond well to that surface. Also, I've learned a bit about finishing the thread, so if anything happens there you can send it to me as well.. I'm still learning the tricks of the trade, haha!

Beautiful strap! He's making one for me as we speak! Can't wait!

I had to get some new white thread my friend, so I am starting it tomorrow!! I'm excited to try out a tapered strap myself :)

I think I own 5 from him!

That makes you and madmortages my 'most addicted' buyers, haha!