• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage Tudor rep incoming!

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
I have officially joined the vintage club.

Pics from the seller until I receive it this week. I can't wait!!!

EDIT -- New pics!

DSCF1771.jpg

DSCF1768.jpg

Gen 702 crown!
DSCF1769.jpg

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
Happy for you... that's a superb vintage! Of course, a bit envious too (but I'm sure you can understand that).

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
I certainly do understand the envy. I felt it myself when I read this thread: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?sho ... 6&hl=tudor and found out that I was too late to get involved.

That's why I jumped at the chance to pick this one up, albeit at a higher price than what the folks in that thread got it for (this one now has a gen crown/tube, however), but I'm WELL pleased nontheless.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Very nice with the Eta 2483 movement...I'm envious too. :D

Vigil

8/11/08
Gorgeous, I wish I would have gotten in on that deal myself.

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
Good catch at a very good price...

I was tempted as well but I am low on funds as usual... :cry:

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Well, it doesn't really compare to Dizzy's 1680 Sub, but maybe someday I'll have a gen dial/hands to put on it, too.

Now, the question is whether I leave it on the riveted bracelet or swap on a NATO...

I can't wait!

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Well, the watch came yesterday afternoon, and it's awesome.

It's weird trying to get used a a relatively thin 40mm watch after wearing nothing but 44mm+ watches for the past two years or so.

I've got it on a nylon velcro strap that's 22mm. I need to get a proper NATO strap in 20mm for this watch, though.

Pics to come later today.

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
hooligan said:
Well, it doesn't really compare to Dizzy's 1680 Sub, but maybe someday I'll have a gen dial/hands to put on it, too.

Now, the question is whether I leave it on the riveted bracelet or swap on a NATO...

I can't wait!

I'd go NATO too... but it looks like you have already made the same decision...

Congrats again!

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Well, I've changed my mind on the NATO strap. The watch doesn't wear big enough without the bracelet for me.

In fact, I'm still trying to adjust to the size, period. I don't think I'm going to be able to do it, but I had to try. Pity, as I really like the aesthetic of the vintage Subs.

This is for you, SeanF! See, I don't *only* own Panerai reps.

:p

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
thats an awesome tudor. I remember i used to have a gen tudor snowflake hand sub. i wish i kept it. They are very nice watches and cool pieces of vintage rolex history.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Thanks, Dizz. I think it's just a tick too small, though. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
hooligan said:
Not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.

Don't give her up yet... it's definitely a shocker when you go from Pam to Rollies, but it may grow in you over time... what do you have to that fits under a dress shirt? Same goes for NATOs, at first they look flimsy and too thin...

Now... I'm sure some of the folks on RWI, upon reading your last post to this thread, who are thinking "memememememeiwannaitiwannaitiwannaitsellsellsellsell," but I'd give her a longer chance.

My $.02... for what it's worth!

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
hooligan said:
Probably solid advice, Para.

Thanks!

I needed one advice this year... with New Year's Eve approaching, I had to dig deep :wink: ... now I have a year to come up with another one to cover 2009!

mauribox

Looking Around
10/5/09
Hi Hooligan !

I like the tudor too much !

Can you tell me how can I buy it?

Thanks
Mauri from Italy

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
I know this is an OLD post, but where did you get that old first gen dial from? I am looking for one of those for one of my builds.

E