• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I'm sad about poor dress watch selection :(

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
You know something , how many more threads are you going to make, purposely putting down the other tastes of MANY members on this forum ? You go out of your way to be a condescending prick about anyone who in YOUR feeble opinion is "classless" for wearing anything over 40mm. Guess what. This forum as well as others, is made up of people with a large variety of tastes. That's why it's broken down into brand sections. Not every watch is going to be your cup of tea. But purposely going out of your way to alienate entire groups of members is very infantile. Why don't you grow up a little bit. Look at the "classless" watch I wore to a party today.

BMW, I like you, but that was totally un-called for. Go back and look at the picture he linked of the 'class-less' watch.

bre127.jpg

Notice that it's not like yours in that is has a massive blingy faux-diamond bezel which in my eyes also, screams 'class-less'. This has nothing to do with the brand or model, but the retarded attempt to make it more than it is. So please, next time you vent like this, go back to the original post and have a think about it before you hit post.

The OP is right in that there is a lack of certain brands being replicated well, but given the nature of the movements in most of them it's not surprising. I woudl recommend that the OP go look at second hand gens because I'm not sure he's going to find what he's after.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I don't care if you like me , agree with me or not. This guy has made posts like this before. Just because I don't like a certain type of watch, doesn't give me a right to alienate an entire group of people. What if I made a post saying that everyone who wears a watch under 44mm is gay ? That would be out of line and stupid. Maybe I'm the only one that's reading this guy's original post as well as others he has already made. I have not seen anyone else make posts like this in the time I've been here. If this is the kind of garbage we are going to be posting on this forum, and finding acceptable, then you can go ahead and keep it. I for one will not be a part of it. This guy is ridiculous to come on a forum with this attitude. If you and others are going to condone it, then , like I said , you can stay with him here. Delete the Breitling, Bell and Ross, Omega, Forums , and just call it Rolex Replicas. Make it easier for those of us that are actually open minded enough to respect other people's tastes in watches.

I've seen members here with Faux diamond bezels on their watches. Would you like to join his ranks and label them as classless because you have arbitrarily decided that a faux bezel says the person has no class ? Who on earth are you to judge someone based on that ?

tokeyx

27/3/11
In BMW's defense the guy could have just said he was looking for nice dress watches under 40mm. He didn't have to take it as far as he did by saying people who wore watches over 40mm were classless. That, to me, is lacks class on the OP's part.

mikeyp

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/11
I gotta agree with bonesey on this one, I do think you went in a little hard but on the other hand perhaps the OP could have phrased his first post slightly better

BMW at the end of the day do you really care what anyone else thinks as long as you like whatever watch you buy then that's all that matters surely ??

Just my 2p

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I'm used to hear some pretty straight forward opinions about my watches (being fake) -I'm not at all thin skinned as to what someone else thinks of my watches. nor what they think of me. ...mmmm.. yada yada something with bygones...mmeh- let it go guys.

trandy16

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/08
In the world of musicians there is a saying: "Just play what you dig".

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I don't care if you like me , agree with me or not. This guy has made posts like this before. Just because I don't like a certain type of watch, doesn't give me a right to alienate an entire group of people. What if I made a post saying that everyone who wears a watch under 44mm is gay ? That would be out of line and stupid. Maybe I'm the only one that's reading this guy's original post as well as others he has already made. I have not seen anyone else make posts like this in the time I've been here. If this is the kind of garbage we are going to be posting on this forum, and finding acceptable, then you can go ahead and keep it. I for one will not be a part of it. This guy is ridiculous to come on a forum with this attitude. If you and others are going to condone it, then , like I said , you can stay with him here. Delete the Breitling, Bell and Ross, Omega, Forums , and just call it Rolex Replicas. Make it easier for those of us that are actually open minded enough to respect other people's tastes in watches.

I've seen members here with Faux diamond bezels on their watches. Would you like to join his ranks and label them as classless because you have arbitrarily decided that a faux bezel says the person has no class ? Who on earth are you to judge someone based on that ?

I really don't get how you're getting so upset about all this. We have threads on here all the time bashing blinged up pieces of crap like the one the OP posted, the Gaytona, the terrible Hublot blingy pieces. I would consider every single one of those without taste or class. As you have said before in other threads, opinions, which are valid for every single one of us on here, differ from one side of the pond to the other. Blinged up watches might be 'in' or whatever over in the US but in MY honest opinion i think they make watches look like cheap garbage. Got nothing do with what you wear, or what I wear, what I like or what you like.

The guy simply came on and said, why is there no good reps of classy / dress watches under 40mm that arn't sports watches blinged up to try and look fancy.

I thought this was all sorted out in this thread tbh;

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/fell-in-love-with-this-72232

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
yea things here seem to be tense....(thats an extra period for the tension ;) )

Fortey

21/7/10
I think maybe the rep makers have better success with models that are covered in bells and whistles, gauging by the number of blingy models out there. It's a little disappointing when a dealer's whole selection of a watch brand is skeletonized or has tourbillons. I'm trying to find a nice simple dress watch now too but I'm a little stumped.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Um, yeah. BMW that was a tad OTT mate.
Either you're looking for a fight or need to grow a somewhat thicker skin. Either way,
pull it back a notch please.

Col.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Ignoring BMW's rather touchy response, I think Wuggy's point is very valid. It's a well known problem, lack of demand being the cause I presume. I've tried to order a simple 38mm manual wind Breguet from 5 of the TDs, the model had previously been in production so it's not as if it can't be done. But they told me they had sold out/it wasn't being manufactured any longer.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Superficially it seems strange that simple classic dress watches are not replicated more often.
You would think that the fewer the complications the easier the replication. And they do not come simpler than the ones shown by the OP.
But there is a reason why the Gens were so expensive in the first place, and it is not only the movements.

When looking closer, it becomes clear that the detailing of these watches is wonderful. Crisp edges, deep engravings, mirror polishing, AR and lume all set these watches aside from the cheaper mass market.

Yet these very expensive watches are mostly replicated in the sub $100 market segment. So what is going on here?

I think the internet has a lot to do with it. On a small picture they look good and only very persistant search will bring pictures of the back of the Gens. So the rep factories produce a pretty decent dial, a so-so case and a useless back, price it low and ..... bingo!

But the members on this forum know that this is not good enough. We have seen Rollies and Pams being fantastically repped and I for one would love to see really good dress watches as well. With deep engravings and clear hallmarks. And I would be ready to pay the same as I would pay for an "ultimate".

By bringing attention to this issue, I think and hope that fora like this one will help us getting more such watches.

Hopefully we will see good Lange, Breguet and Patek in the not too distant future.

Wuggy

7/5/11
California
Well I don't mean to offend anybody, but I have strong opinions and I'm very outspoken. Obviously everything i say is my opinion only. I'm on a men's clothing forum where dudes post photos of themselves in their most beloved suits, etc., and other guys totally bash the hell out of them. At the end of the day all we are is words on a screen.

If somebody here wants to bitch that all he can do is find pansy 38mm reps and he's too much of a hunky man to wear stuff like that, fine by me. I think somebody here did that, in fact, and he was right.. the smaller watches look lame on him.

Any time you're talking fashion or taste, the things that some people really love will be the same things that other people totally hate. Witness the original Gaytona.. the guy who designed it clearly thought that was the height of style and taste.

But anyway I'm checking out Watch Eden right now, I appreciate the input.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I'm on a men's clothing forum where dudes post photos of themselves in their most beloved suits, etc., blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Say what now?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
...If somebody here wants to bitch that all he can do is find pansy 38mm reps and he's too much of a hunky man to wear stuff like that, fine by me. I think somebody here did that, in fact, and he was right.. the smaller watches look lame on him...

I've made many comments about boy sized watches (anything under 41mm), but if you find the right one- one that means something and or has a history, then a smaller watch can be very tolerable. Wearing a smaller watch just because it's "pretty" doesn't cut it.

Just as there are people who can't understand the fascination of discussing watches on a forum, I don't think I'll ever reach a point where I could sit and compliment a guy wearing a nice suit. Just the thought of appreciating a watch on a hairy wrist gives me the heeby-jeebies. :facepalm:

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Next in line acceptable dress watches...

See, lots of great choices. :)

Don't go to styleforum.net then ;)

And yeah I can't stand hairy wrist photos either.

OMG, you had to give a link! Mmmmuuuuuusssttttt......reeeeee...ss.....iiiiiiiii....ssssssssssstttttt....

success-kid-300-75.jpg