• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquaracer or Link Chrono for small wrist?

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
I have an unfortunately small wrist size. About 6,75". I am now trying to decide on either a TAG Link Chrono or an Aquaracer Chrono. Problem is, will they look huge on my wrist?

I see that the Link is at 42 mm and the Aquaracer at 43. However, the bezel is larger on the Aquaracer, which perhaps makes it look smaller than the Link with its big dial?

Any takes on this?

Wrist shots from big and small wristed TAG wearers are very welcome!

Thanks!

gazumi

Renowned Member
21/8/08
Believe it or not 6.75 is not tiny and neither will look too big on your wrist. The Aquaracer is more sporty whereas the Link is more classy. Your choice.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
I tend to wear a suit quite often at work, and I´m looking for a kind of cross-over watch whitch would look good both when being casual off-work as well as more "strict" so to speak. Perhaps even the Link is a no-no with a suit for some people, I don´t know? :)

Do you think it would look good also when wearing a suit?

gtguy

Horology Curious
4/4/11
The link looks fine with a suit, and I think it looks more appropriate than a sub or equivalent style watch with a suit sine it doesn't have a big chunky bezel. From a style perspective, both are technically no-nos with a suit anyways because they are on bracelets. Traditionally, you should wear a watch on a leather band that is relatively thin. I think in reality though for business dress watches on bracelets are fine with suits. I'd get something more elegant for weddings, formal balls etc.

The caveat to wearing a link with a suit is this- the thickness. I have a gen calibre 36 link chrono, and it's very, very thick. Depending on where you get your shirts, it may be impossible to get under the cuff. I can't wear my link with any english or Italian shirts that have barrel cuffs. French cuffs are usually fine, and american shirts with barrel cuffs that have two positions (like bb or polo) usually work.

That being said, the link is a beautiful watch that goes from casual to business dressy very easily.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Very good points gtguy - thanks a lot! How thick is a Link chrono by the way?

Could be a problem fitting it under the cuff. I agree with what you say about bracelets being a no-no, and I guess I´ll get a more formal looking watch later. But for now, the Link seems to be a good choice. As long as it´s not too thick though...

gtguy

Horology Curious
4/4/11
I believe it's about 15 mm to the center of the crystal (which is domed). It's actually at LVMH service right now so I can't measure it for you. It's noticeably thicker than my rep GMT master though, FWIW.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
I believe it's about 15 mm to the center of the crystal (which is domed). It's actually at LVMH service right now so I can't measure it for you. It's noticeably thicker than my rep GMT master though, FWIW.

Thanks, really appreciate your info. It´s a bit thick. 15 mm....

waddster

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
small wristie too!

I've got the same size wrist and both of those watches coincidentally & both fit my wrists very good. The aquaracer is definitely sportier, but the link can be warn casually as well as the link bracelet tones it down. I wish all my watches fit as well as the Tag Link though. That is one of my favorites. I only have 11 watches but those are the only Tags that I have and they are awesome. I agree that suits should probably only be warn with watches with leather straps or maybe polished SS straps. Good luck with your endeavors. The SOSF's surprisingly are a good fit to. My DSSD not so much, but I had to buy one. John

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Thanks for the input! It feels good to hear that you have the same size wrist and still like feel the Link fits. So it doesn´t look like you have a very big watch on your wrist then? I´m not very fond of the "PAM-look" if you know what I mean. A bit scared that the Link will give the same impression. Too big watch on too slim wrist?

It all comes down to individual taste I guess. But on the other hand, if a Link on my size of wrist doesn´t send a warning message of me wearing a too big watch, then I might be very tempted to go for the Link after all. This is hard!

waddster

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
Pix

Here's a couple quick pictures that I took to give you and idea of how they'll look on a similar size wrist.
tagandtag002.jpg
tagandtag001.jpg

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Thanks waddster! I really appreciate it!

Looks good! I´ll go for a Link Chrono :)

tflgee

1/9/09
I have a couple of rep aquaracers and a gen similar to the ones posted. My wrist is also tiny 6.75 and they look fine. They thing that bothers me more than the size is the damn weight of those things. With the stainless bracelet these things weigh a ton. If you are like me and don't like a super heavy watch you might want to consider a rubber strap.