• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pair of EGI's with 6497 and Sub dials completed

Night-Watch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/09
The 6497 movement will fit inside the EGI case... but... the problem is that the EGI dial is too small to take a sub dial. In order to overcome this the inside of the case has been machined to take a larger dial. Heres what else has been done...

• Case completely aged front and back
  • Lug Bars drilled out and threaded
  • New lug bars made from 316 grade stainless steel (threaded with machine rounded heads)
  • Case bored out...machined on the inside to take a larger dial and sub dial
  • 6497 movement with swan neck and dagger
  • Solid plexi (thick) machined and hand polished
  • New Pearl made (on the bezel at 12 o'clock)
  • New type dial with sub dial
  • Dial - Resin filled aged with slight cracking

egipair-001.jpg

egipair-002.jpg

egipair-003.jpg

egipair-004.jpg

egipair-005.jpg

egipair-006.jpg

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
amazing egis i dont have 1 yet but i will n

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
oh man, I would love to have one of them to hang on my wall :) lovely work, nightwatch!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Cracking stuff, not a huge PAM fan but more of these vintage builds could yet bring me round. Very steam-punk like watches these.

AskMeAgain

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/11
Just tracked down NightWatch's web page on how he did this. WOW! just WOW!

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
Once again I humbly hang my head before the master. Night Watch, your stuff is just the most beautiful..... But that Egi, isn't it 60mm? Don't you have to be a gorrilla to wear one? Oh yes, I agree. For anyone who hasn't been there, check out Night Watch's web site. It is indeed truly amazing--but I can't remember the URL. How about posting it for us, Night Watch?!

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
Just tracked down NightWatch's web page on how he did this. WOW! just WOW!

I told you. Pretty humbling, huh!

.....and I just went to my URL index to revisit Night Watch's web site and I've lost it--and can't find it. Can someone please send me the link.

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
Thanks for that.... This evening I'm going to pour myself a dram of good skunky single malt and enjoy 'Night Watch's' sight again.