• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does this ever happen to you?

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Every time I get the itch to buy a new REP, I get two or three at a time, and each and every time I do, my credit card company contacts me, like I have committed some type of fraud or something!!! Does that ever happen to you? :thinking:

rolly_olly

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/2/11
The few times I have tried to purchased reps has always been in the early hours, and my card has always been declined even though I complete all the verification procedures. The next morning I will get a call from the bank and have to confirm that I indeed attempted the transaction. It is then allowed to proceed!

I guess the banks are just being overly cautious and it is after all in my best interest, so I will just live with it.

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
At first I did. Now I think they consider it part of my normal activity...

majwilliams

14/12/10
CONUS
Lol, my bank will question a rep purchase but than at the same time allow someone in mexico to charge almost $2k without so much as a phone call. Leaving me quite perplexed..

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
I get called all the time as I use a U.S. Bank and work and live in Asia. It's a hassle making purchases over $300 on anything. When I'm in the Philippines or Thailand I have to call the bank in advance and tell them that I'm traveling.

rolly_olly

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/2/11
A few years ago someone hacked my ebay and paypal accounts and made lots of "instant payments" totalling nearly £1k over a few weeks. At the time my 13 month old son was in hospital having a bone marrow transplant so I didn't notice the transactions for a few months. It took a while to get all the money back and I was booted from Ebay/Paypal as a result. As a result of this my bank does tend to query alot of my online transactions whether overseas or not.

D

d4m.test

Yes, but only if the spending/purchasing transaction is not part of a typical "pattern" of charges. E.G. When our card company came across a $7k transaction -- not a typical purchasing pattern -- and esp. coming from a foreign country -- the bank was quick to make an inquiry about it. Actually, with the prevalence of ID theft & fraud, my wife and I appreciated that very much.

dave

btw: the $7k was for my gen Rolex TT DateJust w/jubilee bracelet (in avatar). AND, No, I'm NOT bragging... .:thud:

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
I have now twice tried to pay WE by Visa. No success.
Will call them later to find out why.