• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Age Old Questions

broncoupe

Horology Curious
29/1/11
Hi newbie had to sell my Rolexs usual story wife got the lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just want to buy really good replicas to feel better is there any one on the board for Green ceramic and Daytona.
Thanks hope to make some decent discussion pionts in the future
mike

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Hi, and welcome to RWI; you will have your Rolex watches replaced in no time at a fraction of the cost, and the only person that will know will be you :). There are plenty of good REPS models of the watches you want. Since everyone has their own preference, I would first read, read, and read, to decide on how much to pay, which model(s) to buy, and what movement to purchase.

Once you have your mind made up, look at the models offered by the "Trusted Dealers" (BTW one of the best, IMO, is Replicamake and you will find him under the "Dealers on probation section"). You will definitely find one or two; then just place your order, exercise a little patience and after a few days, you will be all set.

danielv2000

Renowned Member
14/10/10
Well, you will get a lot of responses on this. Not too many have reported on the green ceramic sub as the biggest complaint has been around the color accuracy.

As for Daytonas, the movement on these is just not reliable. Some refer to them as ticking time bombs! You can try to get a hold of one from Spinmaster. A little pricey, but I've heard that they are of high quality.

Obviously, use the search feature. These topics come up frequently.

Welcome to the forum and but your wifey a nice little rep as well!

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
BTW, search site a little, but it seems that the general consensus is to be careful with the Daytona that runs the second hands at the six o'clock position. If you opt for that particular model, you may want to have it serviced.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Welcome mate!
What they said, read a lot, use the search function and then ask questions.

Col.

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
As above.

I don't think the green ceramic is out yet in rep-world, though.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It is. It's on a few sites. It even has the sunburst dial as per gen. However, as others have said there is some concerns over the colour accuracy of it. However it should be close enough if the older 16613 blue sub sunburst dial is anything to go by.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
It is. It's on a few sites. It even has the sunburst dial as per gen. However, as others have said there is some concerns over the colour accuracy of it. However it should be close enough if the older 16613 blue sub sunburst dial is anything to go by.

Whaaaat?!?! LINK LINK LINK!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Joss has it, but his pics aren't the best for seeing the condition of the sunburst dial. His white balance on the photos also makes all the Lume look green as well. It's got exactly the same pearl as the new noob ceramic subs.

zFYr3.jpg

Timeshops has it and it's definately a different version. It has the older style pearl and his colour makes it look like army green which isn't great.

tAU2i.jpg

But it has the same pearl as the one from Puretime who also has the best photos of the dial which leads me to believe it is the same watch.

6lUFnl.jpg

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/submariner-116610-lv-green-eta2836/

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
Interesting...

I think I will wait for wristies - not that I can afford it anyway! :lol:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Welcome. Do a lot of reading and searching. That's what I did. It's the only way to educate yourself on the REP world. It's very intricate and there is a wealth of information to be had on RWI. As soon as you see the value of RWI, make sure to become a VIP Member !! :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
The one in the last pic definitely has a sunburst dial

Definately. The pearl on the last two dealers shots are almost the same and I would reckon they are the same supplier. But the dealer shots for the first two are just terrible tbh.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Lovely shots mate. But being picky that's the LV 50th version rather than the new ceramic LV.