• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Collectors: do you find yourself wearing mainly one watch?

Zack Morris

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/10
Oregon
I have a bunch of watches. But I almost always wear a sub on nylon. I just like it more than any of the others. I see some people say things like "I wear a different watch every day of the week," but for some reason most of mine are dead in the box =\

I sometimes wear the Breitling because it is a bit dressier, but that and the 5513 get almost all of the wrist time (and there are some cool watches in the box! shame on me!).

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
I have different favourites at different times but like you I mostly wear one watch, my 177 (before that it was my 111).

In fact I'm slimming my collection down massively as most of mine spend their lives in the watchbox. The only reps that will make the cut as keepers are a diver (sinn u1), a vintage (GMT) and a beater (the 177).

I bet even when I only own those three I'll still only wear the Pam!

polaris

27/11/08
I have a tiered system for wearing watches.
Daily beater = 177L
Special occasion = GMTIIc
For everything else = rest of collection

So most of the time I am wearing the 177L. The others may go weeks without wearing, but I can't let go of them either. I look and appreciate them all everyday, even if they aren't getting worn.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
I've diversified a fair bit lately... My chopard gets a fair bit of wrist time, and my Carrera day date is a fave, but surprisingly, I've taken to a noob sub lately - I have it on now.

I try to rotate my watches fairly frequently - I wore my SA yesterday, my SOHC out the other night and the chopard the day before that... I like variety :)

melswatch

I'm Pretty Popular
21/5/10
I usually change my watches at least once a day so I wear 2 different watches daily - daytime, nighttime.

I usually wear whatever works best with what I'm wearing.

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
I tend to go in streaks...

I'll usually wear one for a few days to a week in a row, then switch it up. The ones I like better usually end up going longer...

And I'm just lazy, the watch I wore yesterday is already set and wound...

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I never wear the same watch 2 days in a row, and rarely wear the same watch twice in one week. I have about 10-12 favorites that seem to make the rotation most of the time, and another 45-50 which either very rarely or never get worn.
More often than not I am wearing a gen, as I really only have a few reps so the percentage of wrist time alloted to the reps is not great.

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
I never wear the same watch 2 days in a row, and rarely wear the same watch twice in one week. I have about 10-12 favorites that seem to make the rotation most of the time, and another 45-50 which either very rarely or never get worn.
More often than not I am wearing a gen, as I really only have a few reps so the percentage of wrist time alloted to the reps is not great.

you have a huge collection!!

I tend to revert back to my gen SMP as a beater for some reason, and PAMs for the weekend. Datejust was usually my socializing or dinner watches and ss sub for trips abroad or out of town.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10

Wow! That's waaaay to many. I think you should probably sell me some of the better ones... :whistle:

I usually wear my Rolex SSD or my 42mm PO on rubber... But lately I've been wearing my ceramic Sub on a Nato for some reason...

D

d4m.test

Like most, I have a few favorites that see more wrist time than others; Plus, I have several gens I like, too, so I've set up a schedule: Mon - Weds, gens; Thurs-Fri, reps; Sat-Sun; gen DateJust. I, too, try for diversity; but somehow, there's about 4 - 5 that are favorite reps; others I jsut love to look at... .

dave

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
i use only 1 all the time as well! dont feel alone , i use it becouse is the only one i have :(
jk
well the thing is that there is favorites but even with the favorite u get tired, after 1 or 2 weeks of wearing it every day, so u take a break and wear another , after another . is like p...y ,u f..k ur favorite that is ur gf or wife but for not to get tired of it u change and f..k another and another then u come back to ur favorite wich is ur girlf or wife ;P i c it that way couse im a poet .

Zack Morris

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/10
Oregon
Funny about the 50 watches, I was thinking of posting "How many watches is TOO much" before I read that, lol

Of course there are oil barons that have like 50 Ferraris, so I suppose "too much" it is truly subjective

I just find that every time I get a watch, I immediately want another one =\

pabler

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/2/09
Normally change every day, sometimes for two days, sometimes twice a day. Depending if I am at work or weekends.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
I get bored if I wear one watch for more than a couple of days. Normally I wear it more when it's brand new and all but usually I wear a different watch every day

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Funny about the 50 watches, I was thinking of posting "How many watches is TOO much" before I read that, lol

Of course there are oil barons that have like 50 Ferraris, so I suppose "too much" it is truly subjective

I just find that every time I get a watch, I immediately want another one =\

Apparently my obsession is genetic. After I reached @30 watches my Mom was visiting and showing me her new watch, so I shared my collection. She then informed me that she had around 80 at the time. I now have @60 and she's over 100 - all gens, most with precious stones, and many mens models because she liked them. Her taste in watches qualifies her to be a pimp!

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Apparently my obsession is genetic. After I reached @30 watches my Mom was visiting and showing me her new watch, so I shared my collection. She then informed me that she had around 80 at the time. I now have @60 and she's over 100 - all gens, most with precious stones, and many mens models because she liked them. Her taste in watches qualifies her to be a pimp!

You sure your mom is not TANFO? :biglaugh:

Epimetheus

I'm Pretty Popular
24/10/10
I´m hooked on one watch.
-This:
48987874.jpg

I find myself drewling over the winder trying to pick the watch of the day.
But every day, I come to the same conclusion.
I always end up wearing my Omega.

I love my Rolex´s, but I just never find the opportunity to wear them...

Zack Morris

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/10
Oregon
I love my Rolex´s, but I just never find the opportunity to wear them...

Let me know if you decide to sell your blue dial DJ... ;)

I have never owned a DJ and I really want one with a blue dial, except on tt which I don't really like. I do see Airkings with blue dials around but the blue sub is like UGH 20K. TOO MUCH

Epimetheus

I'm Pretty Popular
24/10/10
Let me know if you decide to sell your blue dial DJ... ;)

I have never owned a DJ and I really want one with a blue dial, except on tt which I don't really like. I do see Airkings with blue dials around but the blue sub is like UGH 20K. TOO MUCH

That blue dial DJ was actually bought with a black dial, but I made a deal with the AD that they would change it because I wanted a blue dial instead.
-So they did. :)

(And, no. I´m not sellin´. That watch is gonna be passed down to my son when he graduates from high school or collage or something. ;))

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I don't normally gravitate to one watch more than others...if anything I reach for the sub because it goes with almost anything. I tend to buy watches with a certain color in mind with regards to what I'll wear it with; for example, I bought my HBB Senna because i wear a lot of blacks and grays, and the PVD case and phantom gray dial would match that well. I bought a PAM to go with greens and browns, etc. I hardly ever buy a piece just because I want it without thinking about what I would actually wear it with. It's a double edged sword too: I'm hunting down a blue watch now because I don't have anything that matches, even though I don't particularly have the funds for a new watch :lol: