• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Explorer 214270 39mm Lume Question

Walshman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/10
Hi,

Can anyone tell me with certainty on the color of the lume on a Rolex Explorer 39mm 214270?

Is it standard c3 light green or is it blue like the newer subs and dssd?

Thanks in advance.

marshal1085

Known Member
12/11/10
Hey walshman,

I had these same questions...and no one was too sure. SOOOOO...

I went into the AD and checked it out myself. It is definitely the new blue. Kind of the aqua blue color. Puretime actually just released a new one with the blue lume (although it looks more blue then the gen) but I wouldn't purchase it because it has the "ultimate nickel movement"...which is the A3131...still doesn't look gen and has reliability problems.

I bought the new explorer. You can do what I'm going to do. Send it off to get mods of course!

d-rock

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/10
Marshal, who are you planning to send it off to and what mods are you planning to have done to it??

marshal1085

Known Member
12/11/10
whats the difference between 3131 and 2836?

The 3131 is basically a decorated 2836. It is 'nickel plated' and they sell it as the genuine looking movement. But any rolex guy will know it doesn't look gen. Plus, the 3131 decorations makes it a less reliable movement. I'd get (and did) the 2836.

Marshal, who are you planning to send it off to and what mods are you planning to have done to it??

I'm thinking about Vac since I'm in the US. I've also talked with goin, but he is on the other side of the world...so only if Vac is really backed up, I will go that option.

As far as mods, I'm getting it relumed to the gen (aqua blue color). I'm also going to try to matte the dial. It is a high risk, high reward shot and to my knowledge, no one has tried it on the explorer yet.

Other than that, there really isn't much else to be done with the rep. It is a great rep.

Now, come on EMS!!!! :lolcina:

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
I have my Explorer 2 with the White face at Vacs getting the full boogie of service and mods. He said it's almost done, I'll post when I have pictures. He's one busy guy, so be patient if you go with his mod service.

Walshman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/10
Hi marshal,

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Kent at EverestWatchworks in AZ. He says the lume is the BG W9 Superluminova which is what is used on the new DSSD's. I sent it in to him today, we'll see how it turns out. If you end up sending to Vac, we can create a new thread and see how they turn out :).

marshal1085

Known Member
12/11/10
Hi marshal,

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Kent at EverestWatchworks in AZ. He says the lume is the BG W9 Superluminova which is what is used on the new DSSD's. I sent it in to him today, we'll see how it turns out. If you end up sending to Vac, we can create a new thread and see how they turn out :).

That's what I thought...It will look great with the relume.