• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

arrived: new HBB Ice Bang v1 "lite"

notsobreit

16/9/10
Hey there
I don't have much time today... but will def post more pictures tomorrow...

Today I am pleased to say I received my first Hublot rep and man am I floored.

After seeing an IceBang of an aquaintances I knew I wanted one!
In researching I had made my decision that the full ceramic $700 v1 version with a few tweeks (crystal, datewheel)
could be near flawless for my needs... I had debated getting it but just didnt want to spend that kinda money... It
remained on the wish list.

Well in haste, and this is TOTALLY not me, I saw Sead post his "holiday special" on the v1 full ceramic high
beat HBBs a few weeks ago...
bingo right!! - 450 off???... COMMON!!! IM IN!
Sent email, had ordered before from Sead prior, so great communication as expected etc... Please confirm
I want CERAMIC ice bang, I want the bezel with the texture on the side, I want this I want that... Are we SURE
this is like a real icebang rep for this price?????
yes you will be happy, waterproofed, its nice etc...
DONE... tracking number 3 days later...

BUT then in reading... WHAT?? maybe this isn't the full 700 job I had wanted and just discounted... its apparently
a "lite" version...
oh man was I bummed... the time I rush a decision and be the guinnie pig. What am I going to sacrifice?
I'm reading speculation, I'm just bummed... ...but still optimistic

Well today good helpful friends it arrived... and I don't know what the $700 ones got on this version... I am floored...
I know there are a few flaws and tomorrow I promise to post more pictures for all to pick it apart...

but for today let me enjoy it!! and please do the same!!
one of the first HBB V1 "LITE" Ice Bangs

( sorry the pics dont do it justice - I'll try hard to take some better ones tomorrow )

icebang.jpg

shizm23

23/10/10
good to hear.. I have a V1 Lite in the mail right now too (although it's not the same, but I think it's still an Ice Bang?? I really don't know Hublot models that well)

Congrats man.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
looks good.. i go the same watch today. some good and bad compared to V1 regular. I do have to say the AR on this thing is better than any of our AR guys can accomplish.. i know that sounds crazy but it's glassless.

shandroid

13/9/10
V1 HBB are great reps!

I don't wear mine much, and have been tempted to buy more just because of their quality, but they wouldn't get any wrist time....

I'm not up to speed with the 'lite vs full' differences - anyone care to fill me in???

PS - Congrats on a beautiful addition :)

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Shanno: It's a high-beat movement, but there are some case differences in the pushers and such. Real ceramic though, good AR, and of course the price is right.

Maximos

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/7/10
these are supposed to have the best AR so far. I don't think the differences are worth $300-400.

JC7

15/6/10
my reg V1 feels overall higher quality and if you want all black or tempus there is no other option besides reg V1.

reg V1 strap is much softer and clasp feels and looks to be of a higher quality.
reg V1 has a different crown... lite looks a bit cheaper and the Hublot "H" rubber piece seems cheaper
even though the movt is said to be high beat it does have the blue screws and chrono hands seems more jerky..

that being said..
lite AR is the best AR EVER too bad the crystal is not thick.. (any change of getting a bigger gasket or just making it sit higher somehow??)
lite has hublot sticker on the bridge reg V1 is missing this..
..and the parts on the movement seem to be the machined brushed swirls which looks better and more gen reg V1 is just normal SS
lite also has an adjustable regulator which reg V1 is missing

this is all i've noticed for now

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
hmm... hont is advertising Tempus V1 lite models.

that's odd about the movement. perhaps these are getting a bit lower grade. and the news about the strap sucks. still a great rep for the money, of course.

JC7

15/6/10
If anyone wants to buy a tempus lite and send it to me I'd be happy to compare for you. :D

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
btw, Sead gets these for $269 shipped ;)

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
OK then JC, PP me $269 and I'll get one out to you for comparison :whistle:

Maximos

Banned
29/7/10
wait... there's a huge problem with these new tempus v1 lites! both lay and hont's photos show that it has a flat, non-brushed bezel. the gen has a brushed bezel. not good, I was almost ready to order :(

shandroid

13/9/10
Still - seems to hard to justify the massive price increase to the regular V1, especially since not all the differences to the Lite are negative...

rass101

Horology Curious
2/1/11
I am about to buy V1 lite senna edition from sead. Hope some reviews will be ready before that. I would realy like to have this hublot for everyday wear without it breaking or losing its flavour in the near future.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I have a hb v1 lite tempus inbound in the next weeks, and will do a comparison to my regular v1 tempus!
some dealers call the new priced one a lite some just claim full ceramic best edition hbb v1, it'll be fun to see how different the "cheap" or "lite" edition is....

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
I have a hb v1 lite tempus inbound in the next weeks, and will do a comparison to my regular v1 tempus!
some dealers call the new priced one a lite some just claim full ceramic best edition hbb v1, it'll be fun to see how different the "cheap" or "lite" edition is....

Wohoooo I'm gonna get a tempus v1 lite for cheap :D