• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Updated MBW Vintage Love

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
I recently decided that it was time to try and do some work on my 1680, so I did what I thought best and consulted my friends. They each in turn gave me very valuable advice including some help when I had problems.

Now to the work:

Dial Changed out for Vintaged one
Hands Changed out for Vintaged ones
Bezel Insert and Pearl Changed out for Vintage ones.

All the work was done by myself nothing to exciting but satisfying none the less. This was my first foray into the watch altering business and all in all I am happy with my efforrts.

I had a couple of probs, I attached the dial and hands and had a couple of probs due to the hands not going round properly, catching on each other, fixed that, then had some trouble with breaking one of the movement clamps, fixed that, then I noticed the dial wasn't alligned properly so have tried to fix that also.

LMK what you guys think as I always value your comments and opinions.

MASSIVE thanks to Randy, Joe, Rob and Dave. You know who you are thanks SOOOOOO much.

mbwmod17dq.jpg

mbwmod28rx.jpg

mbwmod34dh.jpg

mbwmod40es.jpg

mbwmod55bw.jpg

Enjoy.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Well, if you ever want to get rid of that old watch and get something new, let me know.
:wink:
Looks great man, I hope to do this one day myself. Although I don't know if I trust myself doing work like that. Watches don't have an undo function.

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
I was bricking it as well when I first thought of doing the work, however after a few chats with people who had successfully done this stuff before I was convinced I could do it. I was right it's not difficult. I don't profess to be a watch mechanic or anything like Ziggy or Joe. The stuff that I did was REALLY basic and I am just happy that I managed to get the things I wanted to do, done.

Really pleased witht the results and the satisfaction that comes from doing this stuff yourself is second to none.

Enjoy.

canuck88

25/3/06
great job, but IMO your case, CGs, and crown are in too good of shape - look way too shiny and brand new. Take some sandpaper to 'em and you're good to go :)

BlueFin

15/3/06
Roeod4 said:
Well, if you ever want to get rid of that old watch and get something new, let me know.
:wink:
Looks great man, I hope to do this one day myself. Although I don't know if I trust myself doing work like that. Watches don't have an undo function.

[smilie=happy6.gif] [smilie=happy6.gif]

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Wow that is vintage sweetness ! Very nice effort.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
enzo said:
One of the hardest things to wearout nicely is the crown. Most exposed, most sharp edges, it's also the most worn out part of an older watch.
I wonder if one of those rock tumbling polisher things would do?