• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Order with Steve, The One Watches

Output

Horology Curious
27/2/24
After much deliberation, I finally took the plunge and placed my first rep order with Steve. It's been on my mind for days, weighing the pros and cons, but I'm feeling excited about this decision. Looking forward to the QC

Watch Order: Audemars Piguet - Royal Oak Offshore Diver 15720 42mm SS/RU Green/Stk APSF A4308 Super Clone

Payment date and method: 11/15/2024 TransferWise

9vsh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/23
Are you looking for attention? What are you contributing to this community nimrod ?
Consider asking this yourself. What are YOU contributing by posting this? Do you think that, by posting these useless comments by the dozen, you have the power to change how people use these TD subforums? You don't. You merely look bitchy.

Why is it that I see you everywhere moaning and complaining about people posting timelines of their order? If you don't find value in them, then why do you keep looking here? That's a grand majority of what you'll find as you should know.

To answer your question, from someone who is much closer to the target demographic, these post allow for new users to learn what to expect when ordering from these trusted buyers. Any time I order from someone who I haven't before, I check a lot of these posts to see if there's anything I need to consider before purchasing.

For users who have NEVER bought from a TD here, these kind of posts provide social proof that it isn't just a huge scam, which inevitably helps this community grow as these people will stick around once they see it's not a huge fraud.

Also, what about this makes it appear as though they're looking for attention? Your logic is beyond questionable.

Striker

Looking Around
17/3/24
Consider asking this yourself. What are YOU contributing by posting this? Do you think that, by posting these useless comments by the dozen, you have the power to change how people use these TD subforums? You don't. You merely look bitchy.

Why is it that I see you everywhere moaning and complaining about people posting timelines of their order? If you don't find value in them, then why do you keep looking here? That's a grand majority of what you'll find as you should know.

To answer your question, from someone who is much closer to the target demographic, these post allow for new users to learn what to expect when ordering from these trusted buyers. Any time I order from someone who I haven't before, I check a lot of these posts to see if there's anything I need to consider before purchasing.

For users who have NEVER bought from a TD here, these kind of posts provide social proof that it isn't just a huge scam, which inevitably helps this community grow as these people will stick around once they see it's not a huge fraud.

Also, what about this makes it appear as though they're looking for attention? Your logic is beyond questionable.
Throughout the past 15 years of engaging with internet forums, never before have I felt compelled to register an account solely for the purpose of contributing a post, until now.

The sentiment expressed previously resonates with me profoundly. Having silently reading this forum for approximately three months, I find myself habitually disregarding the contributions of @TESLA760. Not once have I encountered a message from this individual that offered any substantive value. It is, frankly, embarrassing.

Nevertheless, please accept my inconsequential endorsement. Your observations are remarkably accurate.

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
Why is it that I see you everywhere moaning and complaining about people posting timelines of their order?
If you are going to do a timeline of an order you should wait till you receive the watch and then do a full and complete review of the order process. Posting pics of the watch is also an added touch too.

Don't need to open a thread and go through every detail with many posts when all you need is one post.

@TESLA760 if I missed anything or misspoke please add.

Reactions: Reaps and 9vsh

9vsh

22/10/23
If you are going to do a timeline of an order you should wait till you receive the watch and then do a full and complete review of the order process. Posting pics of the watch is also an added touch too.

Don't need to open a thread and go through every detail with many posts when all you need is one post.

I agree, and if I ever post a timeline in the future I'm going to do it this way instead of doing it as they happen.

I still stand by my opinion that TESLA760's posts are unproductive.

• Haha
Reactions: Output and TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Throughout the past 15 years of engaging with internet forums, never before have I felt compelled to register an account solely for the purpose of contributing a post, until now.

The sentiment expressed previously resonates with me profoundly. Having silently reading this forum for approximately three months, I find myself habitually disregarding the contributions of @TESLA760. Not once have I encountered a message from this individual that offered any substantive value. It is, frankly, embarrassing.

Nevertheless, please accept my inconsequential endorsement. Your observations are remarkably accurate.
I need to frame this post. Never thought I'd have this kind of impact on a grown man !

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

Nah. I'm flattered by the hatred or people who just stepped foot in here. Reinforces the fact that they are dribbling saliva on the forum and have no true content to share.

9vsh

22/10/23
Nah. I'm flattered by the hatred or people who just stepped foot in here. Reinforces the fact that they are dribbling saliva on the forum and have no true content to share.
Ah yes, the haters.

It almost writes itself

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Ah yes, the haters.

It almost writes itself
Just some food for thought

Do you post a review of a business without using it?

When you're waiting for outside a restaurant for a table, are you already posting a review?

Would you post a review of a dealership, yet you only have driven by the dealership? Not yet bought anything?

Just some food for thought for you...

Reactions: TESLA760 and 9vsh

9vsh

22/10/23
Just some food for thought

Do you post a review of a business without using it?

When you're waiting for outside a restaurant for a table, are you already posting a review?

Would you post a review of a dealership, yet you only have driven by the dealership? Not yet bought anything?

Just some food for thought for you...
The timeline itself it not the review. It is just a documentation of the process.

I do understand your point though.

• Haha
Reactions: Output and TESLA760

Reaps

-
25/9/22
The real reason these posts irk the majoritu of members is because they are not reviews, these "live status" update threads are almost used to threaten dealers. "Hey if you're late with my order or my watch isn't perfect I'm gonna slam you on the forum!!! You better watch out!!!"

It's crazy. It's like posting an Amazon review of a product you haven't even bought yet.

Reactions: TESLA760

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
The real reason these posts irk the majoritu of members is because they are not reviews, these "live status" update threads are almost used to threaten dealers. "Hey if you're late with my order or my watch isn't perfect I'm gonna slam you on the forum!!! You better watch out!!!"

It's crazy. It's like posting an Amazon review of a product you haven't even bought yet.
It's psychotic. They know it but the thrist for attention is real.

Reactions: Reaps

9vsh

22/10/23

I don't think I've had anyone glaze me this hard on a forum before.