• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

$1,500 budget...and I want the best replica Sub available!!!

appled

Known Member
26/8/10
I am confused about the direction in which this thread seems to have gone.

It seems that most of the replies to the OP's opening post seem to be focusing on if the OP really does own a collection of gens that are locked away in a safe.

Why do we care if he does or odes not have a collection of gens?
Maybe I am missing something here but it did not seem to me as if the OP was flaunting his so called collection in our faces.

If the OP does in fact have a grand collection of gens in a safe than the more power to him.

If the OP in fact has no such collection than he has my sympathy. A person who has to go through such measures just to be able to feel good about himself must be living a pretty sad life.

So what if he does or does not have all of those gens.
What is the difference to us?
Does it make any of us feel better about ourselves to know that this guy doesn't really have that collection in his safe?

This guy didn't come off as being some sort of know it all.
This guy came here to this forum for help.
Isn't that what we do here? :thinking:

Weren't the OP's questions answered in full and at length in the first three pages of this thread? I don't think anyone could claim that he has not recieved help.

If people want to have a bit of a laugh about the OPs reluctance to post pics of his collection in return, then I don't see the problem - I haven't seen anything rude or malicious. Personally I couldn't care less if they exist or not - and I don't think anyone on this forum could get too worked up about it - after all, this forum is all about fake watches!

As you say, "what we do here" is help - but there is plenty of fun and nonsense as well, after all this is a social forum, and I hope the OP gets as much out of it as I have, not just technical watch knowledge, but enjoyment and cameraderie too.

I am still a noob here, but that is one of the reasons that this is my favourite watch forum. Maybe if the thread has gone off at a tangent, it should be moved to the loony bin or somewhere....

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
yea i asked about his gens. but i am not trying to hostile. it's just a bold claim: 40k +usd in gen watches. i know people who are "wealthy" and don't have that ( by choice ). no worries i don't feel better if he does not have them. its just a bold claim. welcome :)

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
My advice would be to just grab a ceramic sub off replicamake with the ETA copy decorated clone movement and have vacuulume relume the dial and pearl. that should run you somewhere under $600 I am guessing. Take the extra money you saved off that $1500 and take a nice vacation with your new watch :p

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I am confused about the direction in which this thread seems to have gone.

It seems that most of the replies to the OP's opening post seem to be focusing on if the OP really does own a collection of gens that are locked away in a safe.

Why do we care if he does or odes not have a collection of gens?
Maybe I am missing something here but it did not seem to me as if the OP was flaunting his so called collection in our faces.

If the OP does in fact have a grand collection of gens in a safe than the more power to him.

If the OP in fact has no such collection than he has my sympathy. A person who has to go through such measures just to be able to feel good about himself must be living a pretty sad life.

So what if he does or does not have all of those gens.
What is the difference to us?
Does it make any of us feel better about ourselves to know that this guy doesn't really have that collection in his safe?

This guy didn't come off as being some sort of know it all.
This guy came here to this forum for help.
Isn't that what we do here? :thinking:

Thank you romulous, mucho rep points given for attitude.
I don't see JetMid either.

Col.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Nixmazda received the help he was asking for.
Everyone here who asks for help is equally deserving of receiving it; regardless of whether they have gens or not and regardless of whether they make other questionable statements or not.

Nixmazda also received some ribbing about his claim to have many gens locked up in a safe.
I hope he has them because I hope he purchases the best reps of those gens and writes many comparative reviews.
I would like to see many reviews by someone who owns both the gen and the rep.
That would be a good contribution to RWI.

Finally, I think the only question left unanswered in this thread is Ruprekt's Christmas Avitar.
If the left one were equated to a Sub would the right one be a DSSD?

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
I was going to say it in the sales thread, but I saw that Mazda bought a sub the other day out of member replica sales.. for all the talk of BK subs and the other wonderful advice he got he purchased a sub par sub.

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Sounds like a good game plan here.
I will be interested to see how nixmazda feels about his rep sub when he receives it.
Perhaps he can tell us.
It is not going to be exactly what he started out searching for but consider the cost benefit ratio.
For one tenth the cost (a BKLM sub) do you get one tenth the product or do you get 90% + of the product?
For one hundredth the cost (a noob sub) do you get one one hundredth the product or to you get 80% of the product?
Another way to look at it is this:
Just how happy can a gen owner be with a $100 rep sub?
Certainly, you cannot expect them to be the same but visually how much difference is there that any ordinary person could see?
We will soon see what nixmazda feels about this and whether his participation on RWI has been valuable to him.
I keep hearing that people who own expensive diamond jewelery often have identical CZ jewelry made to wear to places where their will not be much security and no-one can see the difference standing next to them or in any photographs taken of them at the event.
Perhaps the same will be true of nixmazda's rep sub.
Perhaps he can test this by wearing it around his friends and see if anyone recognizes it as not being his gen.

JC7

15/6/10
As promised....sorry for the crappy shots. My batteries were dead in the camera, so I had to use the cell. These are a few of my boxes...

57907.jpg

Listen... I want to believe you. I really do. I think you seem nice enough and you certainly don't have a bad attitude BUT the watch box in the top left is most certainly a Christmas box with ornaments on it... the others are just plain white and all exactly the same size..

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Listen... I want to believe you. I really do. I think you seem nice enough and you certainly don't have a bad attitude BUT the watch box in the top left is most certainly a Christmas box with ornaments on it... the others are just plain white and all exactly the same size..

Two of those boxes are actually Rolex boxes...

marshal1085

Known Member
12/11/10
I won't lie. I don't ever watch reality TV. But the drama of this thread unfolding is so much fun to watch...

What will happen next? Does he have the watches or not? Answers we may never know. Dun dun dun...

And for the record, I believe you. No reason not to. And the fact that you are still around. But this is fun.

JC7

15/6/10
LMFAO.. you had all of them right there... you must enjoy this considering you could have just opened them up.. it looks like you had them all out of the "safe deposit box" anyways. :)