• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super reps coming 2024

daveg1988

Looking Around
19/2/23
Miami
Forgot password to my old account so couldn't post this sooner word from several vendors that factories have been working on making super reps, list includes 07, 11, 27, 35, 38, 55, 67.

2024 will be an interesting year!

What will change: better deco for all, better font type, clone movements, better straps, better materials. Prices will range from 500-900 for various models, dependent on type and model.

Chinese market is demanding more robust quality, which means that this year RMs will finally appear and catch up with other brands like Rolex, AP, and Patek for the first time ever.

Cheers

Reaps

-
25/9/22
We do love a rumour in the rep community 😂
Imagine if the rep factories did a super clone movement of an RM instead of an AP Chronograph clone movement... I'd die laughing and crying because the AP chrono superclone would outsell any RM super clone rep

Reactions: FrankUnderwood1

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
For the RM11 both the calendar and chrono are modular and built right into a secondary plate that sits on top of a regular Vaucher, so technically cloning it wouldn't be as hard as doing a whole new movement, but I don't think the market is there to justify it. I do hope they make a 67 so I can stop fucking around with my version since it's frustrating and not good.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
For the RM11 both the calendar and chrono are modular and built right into a secondary plate that sits on top of a regular Vaucher, so technically cloning it wouldn't be as hard as doing a whole new movement, but I don't think the market is there to justify it. I do hope they make a 67 so I can stop fucking around with my version since it's frustrating and not good.
First ever rep flyback chronograph, I'd be impressed honestly, I'd easily pay 2k for one

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Imagine if the rep factories did a super clone movement of an RM instead of an AP Chronograph clone movement... I'd die laughing and crying because the AP chrono superclone would outsell any RM super clone rep
Yeah whilst we would love RM super clone movements produced on mass and at prices we are a little more accustomed to (knowing custom ones are available now at super high prices) . It doesn’t seem very in-keeping with what we see today. The biggest most popular watches/brands get the highest level of attention and scrutiny due to overall demand.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Yeah whilst we would love RM super clone movements produced on mass and at prices we are a little more accustomed to (knowing custom ones are available now at super high prices) . It doesn’t seem very in-keeping with what we see today. The biggest most popular watches/brands get the highest level of attention and scrutiny due to overall demand.
The Calibre 1185 is not more difficult to rep than a 4130. The AP chrono has alot of variations that can be repped out so the rep factories can easily make their money back.

RM.... complete opposite

This is why I'm skeptical to be honest. If they clone the RM movement before an AP chrono... rep factories hire me as your brand strategist PLEASE

https://watchbase.com/audemars-piguet/caliber/ap-2385 (there's 100 watches here)

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
The Calibre 1185 is not more difficult to rep than a 4130. The AP chrono has alot of variations that can be repped out so the rep factories can easily make their money back.

RM.... complete opposite

This is why I'm skeptical to be honest. If they clone the RM movement before an AP chrono... rep factories hire me as your brand strategist PLEASE

https://watchbase.com/audemars-piguet/caliber/ap-2385 (there's 100 watches here)
I agree with you buddy, makes little to no sense to approach it that way.

Although, I would also like to see you as brand strategist for rep factories! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Reaps

kallebo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/16
just make a super flat RM67-02
make any movement in, decorate it a bit, whatever.
all i care is gen-spec case and it tells the time. inside, yeah, just a movemnt. have it battery powerered. fine.
just lightweight and strap. thanks

Reactions: romito_21

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
just make a super flat RM67-02
make any movement in, decorate it a bit, whatever.
all i care is gen-spec case and it tells the time. inside, yeah, just a movemnt. have it battery powerered. fine.
just lightweight and strap. thanks
Gen-spec case and bezels is pretty easy, it's the movement that's the problem. I did a pile of research and there's nothing out there in the right dimensions that can be used off the shelf (as far as automatics go), and even with a quartz you're limited because of the skeletonization. I make a case and bezels but it's not as simple as slapping in a quartz movement with some deco plates. I wish it was, but I've been unable to make anything good happen and I've put a lot of effort into it.

Reactions: KRS3

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
I've heard about a super rep RM11 for at least 5-6 years now lol I'll believe it when I see it.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I've heard about a super rep RM11 for at least 5-6 years now lol I'll believe it when I see it.
7 years ago Angus posted his prototype pictures of the RM11 by ZF and we heard nothing RM related from him since then - let alone the awkward faux tourbillon releases by ZF and their 55.

Even though i love the romantic aspect of day dreaming fueled by such dream of a rumor - i am also skeptical after years of this endless teasing haha :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: soubido

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Yeah...
I was waiting for 3126 never came, i was waiting for the 4401 and guess what...
Unfortunately or not rolex clones are the only ones rep factories seems to bother

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
However this new better RM movement that is on the market at small orders and high price maybe gets adopted by a factory and we have a nice RM rep in more normal price
That will be the best case scenario

Reactions: lolo1972sg