• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

STOP Wearing PANERAI!!!

BOSS

Renowned Member
29/10/06
Just goes to show:

Opinions are like assholes. Every idiot has one, and most of 'em STINK!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Just goes to show:

Opinions are like assholes. Every idiot has one, and most of 'em STINK!

I've heard that his actually smells like Vaseline. :stir:

So his recommendation over the Panerai is this sissy watch...

a-lange-shne-saxonia_1.jpg

A sure hit in all the "trendiest" of rainbow bars. Yes, I said it. If you think wearing a A. Lange & Sohne is cool in the year 2010, you probably also think you invented the patent leather pointy shoe and the ironic sleeveless V-neck tee shirt trends.

Now that I have told you what I think about A. Lange & Sohne once and for all, and also who I believe to be the ne plus ultra of the horological world, can we stop with the recommendation questions?

:lolcina:

thisguy315

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/10
is it bad that I like the als that think posted? I mean I like pam's as well but that als looks like a nice everyday work watch.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
is it bad that I like the als that think posted? I mean I like pam's as well but that als looks like a nice everyday work watch.

It's only bad if you say it again, now go out and play- and don't come back until you're filthy dirty and have at least one broken bone... or else:

spanking.jpg

;)

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Fantastic blog post rofl

Reminds me of forum posts where someone compare mobilephones and say "iphone sucks pretty bad/ Nokia should crawl under a rock and die/ android is a wannabe iphone os only worse"
Fardcore fanboys, trolls, haters and everyone else get really fired up and it's fantastic reading for a boring day :)

Even thogh I dont own a Panerai or a Lange I know what watch would get wrist time and it wont be
the "old mans" watch no matter how much it costs or it's legacy...
It's just not "me" so to speak.

But pretty clumsy of the blogger to shit on brands, it's like when gizmodo made a post about not going to
make a review of the Nokia N8 since they thought it were obsolete junk.
Got a bit over 200 comments on that one...
And so far The Nokia N8 is the fastest selling phone in Nokia history...

Sorry for ranting off topic, and yea i'm a TROLL :cheer:

/J

collector26

Known Member
25/8/07
I agree completely with the blogger. The A. Lang is the perfect watch for the no job panty waist wuss wad who would go to that website and ask "What kind of watch should I ask my Mommy and Daddy to buy me for graduation"

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I agree completely with the blogger. The A. Lang is the perfect watch for the no job panty waist wuss wad who would go to that website and ask "What kind of watch should I ask my Mommy and Daddy to buy me for graduation"

You ding-dong! If you read the blog post, he was talking about the Panerai, and recommending the A Lang- I took what he wrote and took a few liberties with it. :p

Now in the corner with you, until you can learn to read gooder!

dunce-cap.jpg

:facepalm:

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
In God's big zoo there is a place for every kind of animal :) So some prefer Panerai, some Lange&Söhne, others a Timex Quartz.

It is the job of this Blogger Guy to deviate from the mainstream and at least he does that well. He has to sell, maybe even has an obligation to Lange&Söhne. I would not blame him for waving the flag for his favourite product. I'm doing the same for the products that I favor. Nobody is forced to follow his opinion, though.

And maybe I am a sissy (however, there's a truckload of Ex GFs who'd testify otherwise :D) but this A.Lange&Söhne is a simple, well engineered and sleek dress watch. Just like Jiddy said - not for me.

Relax, drink a herbal infusion tea and enjoy your watches. Tomorrow another sack of rice will topple over in the askmen universe :D

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Original text...

"...These watches were cool five years ago, and even then they were only cool if you were Italian (and I don’t mean Jersey Shore Italian -- I mean actually a resident of Italy). Sure, Sheamus had a Radiomir back in 2004, but after one week of wrist time and the type of attention he received, he ended up trading it in for a vintage Rolex Submariner. If you think wearing a Panerai is cool in the year 2010, you probably also think you invented the boat shoe and the ironic mustache trends."

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
ThinkBachs, to be honest: Do we really care what that guy writes?

He's got to do that, otherwise he loses his reputation as a critic. Think of all these restaurant critics, theatre critics, "men's style advice guys" ... the list is endless.

We know it's sh1t what he talks, so let's grin and that's it.

Where he is right, though: It is often more interesting to stray from the beaten path and to not follow a trend.

But the rest, come on ... ;)

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
You ding-dong! If you read the blog post, he was talking about the Panerai, and recommending the A Lang- I took what he wrote and took a few liberties with it. :p

Now in the corner with you, until you can learn to read gooder!

TB, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic with that post. Quite funny actually. :lol:

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Actually that askme guy is so full of shit LOL It reminds me of the questions in MAD magazine where the editors would make fun of readers questions. Same here :)

miketorbaz

Known Member
4/2/09
ThinkBachs, to be honest: Do we really care what that guy writes?

He's got to do that, otherwise he loses his reputation as a critic. Think of all these restaurant critics, theatre critics, "men's style advice guys" ... the list is endless.

We know it's sh1t what he talks, so let's grin and that's it.

Where he is right, though: It is often more interesting to stray from the beaten path and to not follow a trend.

But the rest, come on ... ;)

+1

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
Bring me his head in a plate!!!

:pirates::pirates::pirates::pirates::pirates:

plusvini

Horology Curious
23/11/10
Oh jeez. My first purchase is an AL&S. You guys are giving me a complex. I'm gonna go pour myself a nice stiff pomegranate martini and try to forget I read this post.

Cletus

Horology Curious
26/11/10
Okay, I am ignoring everything the "style guys" says because he's not in the real world. I think certain Lange watches - there are no good reps and gens START at ~$20K - are very fine watches for business dress if you are a 55 yr old stockbroker. The datograph the blogger mentioned is like an $80,000 watch. Unless you really are wealthy and also have the Ferarri and the big house to go with it, I'm not wearing any watch that I can't pull off, real or rep. There are no stainless steel Langes out there. Period.

I can wear a Panerai rep, the gen of which might cost $5K - a little more plausible on my wrist - and the rep that I'm wearing is physically almost EXACTLY the same watch as the genuine article, same movement, same SS case, same lotta things things that make Panerai my first choice for reps any day of the week, business or night out on the town.

J.Prime

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
11/4/10
fine watches for business dress if you are a 55 yr old stockbroker. The datograph the blogger mentioned is like an $80,000 watch.

HAHAHA.. He's also not making too much sense suggesting that someone considering a Panerai purchase look for a watch 3 times more expensive and more. Perhaps he has girly wrists and can't handle PAMs...