• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate challence (or: I WANT ONE!)

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
Oh jeeeezzzzzz...... Just when I thought I'd found my favorite in the 360, now this :( What do they mean by 'composite' anyway? Is it some sort of carbon fibre?

DDPan

Known Member
2/10/10
waaaaauw!
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
I just ordered a Titanium one, but this is very nice too!!!!
I think the titanium will be better under a suit, but will definitely buy one of these for the WE when they come out!

No name

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/10
The composite is some high tech mix of aluminium and ceramic... Probably not possible to replicate, but how about a brown pvd coating. Is that possible?

Cheers,

no name

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
Sure. Instead of PVD (Painted Very Dark), the new coating will be called PSD (Painted Sorta Dark). Not to be confused with PKD (Painted Kinda Dark).

Should be available next week.

No name

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/10
Sure. Instead of PVD (Painted Very Dark), the new coating will be called PSD (Painted Sorta Dark). Not to be confused with PKD (Painted Kinda Dark).

Should be available next week.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Good one!

Checked it in the meanwhile. Pretty much any color possible:

bild97.jpg

There has been some discussion on this model over at RWG as well
I'm not registered... what do they say?

Ok, having it PVD coated later on shouldn't be the problem, from what I read... so, who makes the best 44mm 1950 rep?

Cheers,

no name

gelyte

Renowned Member
14/3/10
Quotation from RWG:
now i have the company which can make the composite process with watch parts.

currently i'm in the first test phase for the 339 composite.

i have different aluminium alloy plates ( 50 x 50mm ) for the anodize process to see the different
color results, which gives the darkest aluminium oxyd and which is the best to
colorize in deep dark brown ( black-brown ) with the second principle of anodize process.

the aluminium oxyde are mostly dark grey or light grey. so after it must be colorize.

so..this is the first serie of tests.

to make a deep dark brown result with a titanium case and pvd coating is not possible,
because it has been shown that the brown pvd is only possible with a perfect result,
when only one case is in the pvd chamber, but this too expensive.
when there are more cases in the pvd chamber for the brown color, then only the cases in the
center of the chamber get the perfect coating result, the other will be spotted on the surface.
this is a physical problem and no solution for this.
that's why the companies have this dark brown pvd color not anymore.

rolli

ikiestik

Renowned Member
8/4/09
panerai are making it hard for the rep makers to rep some of the newer models.

I really like this like seriously like it its exactly what iv been looking for in a pam, 1950 case, auto, black well brown but it looks damn sexy

No name

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/4/10