• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA3120 Instant Date Flip Mod

alpharp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/21
Hey RWI,

Hope all is well! I have seen this “instant date flip” mod pop up from WeChat Sellers and a lesser known modder for the SA3120. I saw posts from very reputable members in our community explaining that the mod cannot be done, and a complete movement overhaul would be needed to make this function properly.

There doesn’t seem to be much information on this, and none of the WeChat modders show the gears functioning on the movement. Does anyone know if there is any validity to this claim? Until I know more, I’m taking this with a grain of salt, especially since they don’t show the movement itself functioning.

Here is a video from a modder. He claims that this is a modified clone 3120: https://imgur.com/gallery/r3Da0kg

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Such claim is valid and you can get it modded if you feel it is necessary, but I personally will not do business with DP (that modder) again in future as he is a blatant fraudster.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
As with most Chinese movement mods, i would rarher see a breakdown spend 400+ on what essentially is a mystery custom movement (negative connotation)

alpharp

24/12/21
Such claim is valid and you can get it modded if you feel it is necessary, but I personally will not do business with DP (that modder) again in future as he is a blatant fraudster.
Thanks for the reply! I don’t trust any of these telegram/wechat modders either, I was more so curious to see if the mod was possible.

If any trusted RWI watchsmiths offer it in the future (and the movement stability isn’t affected) I will most likely get it, but the slow date change isn’t a huge bother for me.

Reactions: mcboom

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
DP is not a modder that I’m aware of.

jewelz

4/12/22
Canada
DP is a dealer and able to assemble modded watches as I know, he is also known as Dapeng in social media.
The instant date flip seems possible now and I'm contacting watchmakers in China, will update later
Do you know how much is the cost for an instant date sa3120?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I would 100% wait until someone guinea pigs this, or send it to a watch maker to see what kind of modification they made for instant date flip. It could be a butchered movement for all we know.

alpharp

24/12/21
Afaik you have to buy the modded movement.
That’s correct according to everyone that I’ve asked. The modded movement has to be purchased. As far as we know now it is a mystery Chinese movement. I’ve yet to see a video of one of these modders showcasing the balance bridge and gears, proving it is a cloned 3120. No timegrapher readings from them either. Hopefully more info is released about this in the coming weeks.

alpharp

24/12/21
DP is a dealer and able to assemble modded watches as I know, he is also known as Dapeng in social media.
The instant date flip seems possible now and I'm contacting watchmakers in China, will update later
Thank you for chiming in, CTime! Always appreciate your input.

Reactions: CTime

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
@CTime Is there any update on availability and price ? And is it a retrofit of the APSF movement or need to buy a whole new movement ?

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
I'm also in trouble.
So, have the ZF 15703, v1 or v2 instant date change?
I haven't find any informations about this.

Thank you all.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I'm also in trouble.
So, have the ZF 15703, v1 or v2 instant date change?
I haven't find any informations about this.

Thank you all.
No. I'm sure it can be built though. But stock 15703 has no instant date change with the 3120 movement.

This is a modification done .

Reactions: germanynrw