• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen vs Clean GMT-II black/blue Batgirl V2 comparison

hirtegirte

Seikopath
Supporter
Certified
22/4/22
Germany

How to tell if its v1 or v2

My source doesnt know about it, claims its newest batch though and just got it a few days ago

Reactions: mcboom

hirtegirte

Seikopath
Supporter
Certified
22/4/22
Germany
Serial number ends with Y2L3, so I believe this is a v2
the strange thing is my dealer didnt know what I am talking about and he said he was talking to the factory and they also didnt know what I am talking about... he is a non-TD though (with alot of business though)

watchsteve

Renowned Member
15/5/16

How to tell if its v1 or v2

My source doesnt know about it, claims its newest batch though and just got it a few days ago
If someone says yes or no, you going to accept based on that? If you’re happy just take it.

V1 V2… these clean versions of the batman are so damn good, no one is going to know its a rep on your wrist let alone a V something. :ROFLMAO:

Don’t get too caught up in this ‘latest version’ cycle. “V3” will be “released soon” or people will claim they have a “v3” because their specific watch has an “improved something”.
Some TD will then say it is the latest batch, and hey presto you have a new version to chase!

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
I took a VSF crystal + gasket from DJ36 to assembly on clean GMT, hope it works and will give and additional improvement 🤪

hirtegirte

Seikopath
Supporter
Certified
22/4/22
Germany
If someone says yes or no, you going to accept based on that? If you’re happy just take it.

V1 V2… these clean versions of the batman are so damn good, no one is going to know its a rep on your wrist let alone a V something. :ROFLMAO:

Don’t get too caught up in this ‘latest version’ cycle. “V3” will be “released soon” or people will claim they have a “v3” because their specific watch has an “improved something”.
Some TD will then say it is the latest batch, and hey presto you have a new version to chase!
I know that but I wanted to compare it to the v1 pepsi I have. I GLed it anyway and will see.
I wanted to know anyway if there is a way to tell in QC but I guess there is no consensus about that yet

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Got my V2 in hand today. Bezel action is actually noticeably improved out of the box. Nice little subtle "clink". Doesn't feel as gooo'ed up with grease.
Is the dial print & crystal also improved compared to V1? 😁

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Recent QCs show that Clean updated “STEEL_INOX” issue in last batch…damn it :cry: good for new buyers, bad for old ones