• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch material 16660 Bezel and Pearl - nice pearl, wish it were straight

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
Watch material 16660 (16600) Bezel and Pearl - nice pearl; wish it were straight

This is a popular mod for Rolex subs and sea dwellers, changing the bezel or the pearl or both with a watch material one. So I thought I would post pictures of mine when it came in as I have yet to see detailed photos of one.

I will say this, it is an impressive pearl, and I was oh so happy until I zoomed in and noticed something odd...its crooked! :facepalm:

:thinking:
Geez Mahn, what a fella gotta do to get a straight pearl?

Ok, I guess this can happen with any bezel, no biggie...so I turn it over to see if I can take it out and straighten it. As you can see in the image below, not a chance. Why? Well, this bezel has a hole drilled the size of the pearl, and there is a metal flange flared out on the back side to hold it in. Since the bezel hole is basically the same diameter as the pearl (which has a slight taper to it) there isn't enough material on the edge of the pearl to be able to move it over. It's grim.

It's the weekend so I will have to contact watch material on Monday to get it all sorted out. I am sure they will take care of it but still, its the first time I have heard of this happening. So just as a warning, keep this in mind...check any parts you get thoroughly BEFORE installing them. It would really suck to glue this puppy on only to find out you have to take it back off to return it.

Other than that check out the pearl close up! The pearl looks fantastic...no wonder this is such a popular mod. i am so impressed I am ordering one for my LV sub too.

:watching:

wm16660bezel.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Yes this has been mentioned before. Always good to check the WM insert/pearl alignment.
Nice macro shots. Good luck.

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
Thanks Q, glad to see I am not the only one. ;)

BTW, using a new method for macros that works surprisingly well...iPhone 4 camera shooting through a lighted loupe!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
That's why BK uses the WM pearl with the JO insert.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
D-Alex, does your SD have the matte dial or gloss dial?
16660 = SD w/ matte dial
16600 = SD w/ gloss dial

:thinking:

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
Wholesaloutlet990 I am familiar with... So I have to ask, KBH, why do some call him Mr Slimeball? (Inquiring minds want to know)

macca001

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/11/10
London
New to this, so any help appreciated

Hi Everyone,

I have a Rolex Sub Replica in need of a new "pearl" on the bezel. Could anyone tell me where I could buy one? I'm based in the UK but happy to order from anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
What about the newer subs/NoobFactory subs? I've got one on the way and I'm thinkin about replacing bezel/pearl.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Wholesaloutlet990 I am familiar with... So I have to ask, KBH, why do some call him Mr Slimeball? (Inquiring minds want to know)
That comes from RWGforum. Mostly because when he sends out stuff, about half the time he sends the wrong thing and doesn't like to take responsibility. He's not well regarded over there.

I'm on his "Do not sell" list since I ordered a bezel insert from 2 of his sites (not knowing they were related) and got the wrong part twice. He wouldn't take them back so I gave him negative feedback. Now I'm banned. :biglaugh:

Hi Everyone,

I have a Rolex Sub Replica in need of a new "pearl" on the bezel. Could anyone tell me where I could buy one? I'm based in the UK but happy to order from anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

https://www.watchmaterial.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=362