• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to my Section!

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Hey All! Many thanks to the mods for this opportunity!!

So, a little about myself….

I am currently located in California (Bay Area), USA temporarily for my full-time occupation (Will be moving back to Louisiana early 2024). I have roughly 5 years total experience in working on replica watches and gens. This became much more serious roughly 2 years ago while I was working from home during COVID, and since then I have been servicing watches on a frequent basis. All services are done per the tech manuals, and I can assure you a proper service will be performed. I do not do heavy repairs such as lathe work or milling….yet. I currently am primarily based over on Reddits’ RPTS subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/tbuttery) with some folks such as Oascom and Nikz, but I look forward to being more integrated on RWI as well! I’d like for RWI to become my “more permanent” home!

This is not my full-time job, as I am an Engineer by day and Watchmaker by night! I am a low volume watchmaker, averaging 1-2 watches per week. Please understand this and look at my projected lead time before contacting me, or simply reach out if you have questions. There are other watchmakers who could serve you faster if you choose that option. I am coming over from Reddit’s Trusted Watchmaker Group, so please understand I currently have a very long customer list. I am more than happy to accept new bookings, but please be advised you will be waiting well beyond the end of this year.

Currently, my focus is ETA (No 7750) and Rolex movements only. This may change in the future. I also do not perform any “a la carte” services such as bezel installs or crystal installs. If those items need to be done, it needs to be included in a full-service request. Within the next few months, water tightness testing will be the only “a la carte” service I will offer. I do this to maximize my time spent on the bench to be focused on full movement and watch disassembles. I typically only have 2-3 watches on hand at one single time, so this helps me concentrate and focus on that individual watch. It also keeps stress low, as I don’t have 10 watches sitting with me at one time. I currently do not offer water resistance testing, although I will in the near future. Stay tuned for that....you may even see the start of the new addition below!

I also have access to Gen Rolex parts (Anything but dials, bezels, case/bracelets) if needed. However, I am not a parts vendor and will not procure parts for you unless you are having work done on a watch with me. I will help recommend ideas as much as possible, but please do not ask me to design franken builds for you.

I only accept requests for services at www.tbwatchrepairservicing.com. You will receive a confirmation email of your booking request, and once I assign a date to your service, you will receive a second notification. When it is your time to ship your watch, you will then receive a third notification approximately 2 weeks prior to your booked date. If you have questions, please try to email me at [email protected]. I will not have time to constantly respond to PMs. I will update you via email or WhatsApp, on your watches progress with plenty of pictures.

***I do accept local walk-ins ONLY. IE, if you are local to me in California and can drop your watch of, I can work you in to my schedule rather than you wait until the end of the wait time.

FYI --- If you take longer than a week to ship your watch, you will be removed from the list (I am very strict about this). Your order will be cancelled. There will be no re-booking your original date, and you will be put at the end of the list. I do this because I am a low volume watchmaker, and I cannot be waiting on you to send your watch to me as it will hold me up.

Below are some pictures of my gear and setup! I primarily use Bergeon or Horotec tools. I also use a ElmaSolvex SE cleaning machine with Elma Solutions for all movements that come across my bench. You’ll also notice some Rolex goodies as well!

I look forward to working with you all, being a member of this community, and sharing information along the way! Sorry for the long write-up!

Last edited:

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
Congratulations man!! I love the set up. And I'm still hella jealous of your elma cleaning machine!

Reactions: PsychoTee16

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
So glad to have another option in the US. And especially in the Bay Area too! I'm sure I'll be reaching out at some point. Hopefully your list isn't too long by the time I get around to it.

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
So glad to have another option in the US. And especially in the Bay Area too! I'm sure I'll be reaching out at some point. Hopefully your list isn't too long by the time I get around to it.

My list is extremely long right now (I have been over on Reddit for a good bit), but if you are local to the Bay Area I do take walkins. I work walkins into my schedule when they drop off. It may take longer than the typical 2 week turnaround, but it beats waiting until 2023!! Perks of living close!

I'll be in the are until late 2023...then I am moving back to Louisiana.

Last edited:

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
Lol, that is awesome! PM incoming.

blv

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/21
Hi, I am in the Bay Area and looking for someone to help with my watches. I will send info via email as I am not sure I need the servicing or fixing a broken parts of my watches

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Hi, I am in the Bay Area and looking for someone to help with my watches. I will send info via email as I am not sure I need the servicing or fixing a broken parts of my watches
Yes please send me an email and we can discuss. Or PM me here.

Buckwheat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/20
Good Morning
I live in New Orleans Louisiana.
I need a dial replacement on a Rolex Rep.
Can you help?

Thanks

cak323i

Horology Curious
18/4/09
Very impressed by your setup and am interested in your services for my rep Rolex GMT MasterII. Sent you email with details.

Thanks