• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Museum Got Robbed!

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Wednesday September 15th, Audemars Piguet’s Museum got unwanted visitors. Two thieves managed to enter the company’s Museum located in Le Brassus and fled with the loot towards France. Four minutes were enough for their action.

The robbers broke into the Museum around 4 o’clock early morning. «Using a ladder to access the first floor, the thieves succeeded in destroying two windows made of bulletproof glass which instantly switched on the alarm» reports Juliane Gauthier, spokeswoman of Audemars Piguet. The police arrived six minutes later but the robbers had already cleared the floor and escaped towards France in a car. «They hardly spent four minutes in the Museum» reports Juliane Gauthier. The security cameras filmed two men.

On Wednesday night the burglars were not caught. «They were extremely well prepared» says Jean-Christophe Sauterel, spokesman of Canton de Vaud's police and “They knew exactly where they had to goâ€.

They have cleared almost everything from one of the six rooms the Museum counts. They took collector’s pieces some of which were unique pieces. Nothing has been said about the value of the loss. The building is a private Museum only open on appointment. It contains very old timepieces and gives an overview of AP's production expertise over the years since foundation, starting with ultra thin watches and reaching to the most sophisticated complication. The Museum is located in the former residence of the Audemars family.

In 2007 a wave of burglaries already hit Jura established watchmakers. While Girard-Perregaux’s Museum located in the Villa Marguerite in La Chaux-de-Fonds got cleared out in July 2007, Jaeger-LeCoultre received unsolicited visitors in their premises in September 2007 (pictures of the stolen pieces).

It would be fantastic if the watches missing from AP’s Museum, which were phenomenal for the least, would reaper under an oak tree as did the ones from the GP Museum.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
if they ever landed in china ..good luck for AP ..but i feel bad for AP too..not good

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Where were you that morning dmc? ;D
We got at least one huuuuge AP lover in you.
Why can't thieves stick to regular shops?
Hate to read about collections like these getting pieces stolen...
Really destroys it for enthusiasts to be able to see the whole timeline represented.

/J

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Where were you that morning dmc? ;D
We got at least one huuuuge AP lover in you.
Why can't thieves stick to regular shops?
Hate to read about collections like these getting pieces stolen...
Really destroys it for enthusiasts to be able to see the whole timeline represented.

/J

at school

scottosaurus

Known Member
31/7/10
Crazy that it only took 4 minutes to make a clean getaway. And how did they shatter the bulletproof glass? This sounds like an inside job. I really hope the burglars are caught and the pieces returned.

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
Crazy that it only took 4 minutes to make a clean getaway. And how did they shatter the bulletproof glass? This sounds like an inside job. I really hope the burglars are caught and the pieces returned.

Simple, bigger bullets.

paintballgrenadelaunche.jpg

POTR

29/8/07
Yeah, it's sad when the only pieces that are actually worth anything go missing.