• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's that Breitling logo above my avatar ?

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
Let me know if you need additional graphics or animations, Franke.

Franke

Tech Team
Advisor
28/5/10
For sure. Personaly, i would prefer to see the wings in gold or silver. Maybe a soft background aswell.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
I'll see whats possible in both colors with softer and transparent bkg mate.

JellyJoe

28/9/09
Here some gold and silver effect.

Breitlingyellow.png
Breitlingwhite.png

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Nice job JJ. silver for 1000 and gold for 5000?

Can we get platinum for 10,000? Ok, Just kidding about that.

Edit: freakin' autocorrect on the iPhone!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Shweet JJ!
Looks good to me!

Col.

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
The wings are supposed to mark some sort of seniority. The old system meant that this would come automatically. Now, we se this depending on posts. Yes, it´s possible to flood the system and gain the wings. But not up to 1000 and most definately not up to 5000.

Not so sure that number of posts has anything to do with seniority. There are several members that joined in June/July this year that have over 1000 posts, and I doubt anybody would call them senior. On the other hand we have extremely knowledgeable members that joined in 2006 but only post when they really have something to contribute with instead of posting "great member, buy with confidence" or "great buy, this shouldn't last long" in every friggin' sales thread. I would rather take advice from someone with a longer history in the forum and in the rep business than somebody with higher post count, and that would be a mark of seniority.

However, and this is a big however, it is extremely important that the forum is lively and that is only done by starting threads, posting pics and commenting, so therefore I can see the point of the wings!

Cheers, Xplodr

Spboudart

26/9/08
Not so sure that number of posts has anything to do with seniority. There are several members that joined in June/July this year that have over 1000 posts, and I doubt anybody would call them senior. On the other hand we have extremely knowledgeable members that joined in 2006 but only post when they really have something to contribute with instead of posting "great member, buy with confidence" or "great buy, this shouldn't last long" in every friggin' sales thread. I would rather take advice from someone with a longer history in the forum and in the rep business than somebody with higher post count, and that would be a mark of seniority.

However, and this is a big however, it is extremely important that the forum is lively and that is only done by starting threads, posting pics and commenting, so therefore I can see the point of the wings!

Cheers, Xplodr

+1

and I can do a gran of those to get winged.
Definitely found the older system better and more fair.
It use to state something...

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Guys, I agree with you. Ideally the best system would reflect both post count and time since joining (and perhaps the post count should only be in watch-related sections, as opposed to loony bin and the like). This was discussed in Admin and sadly the time option is just too difficult to implement for some reason. So that's why we had to settle only for post count.

But there will also be other means of recognition launched soon, and I'm sure everyone is going to like it.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
We know the senior members anyway ;)
And can recommend them in a sales thread anytime, so I would not worry too much.

The other point is that anyone can check the "seniority" of a member by having a look at his postcount and date of subscription to the boards. So I see these wings more as a kind of decoration (medal ?) (which we all like) but will not make one neither bulletproof nor perfect :)

I want a silver chicken, is this possible ? :biglaugh:

JellyJoe

28/9/09
Thx guys, I made a pal multicolor one with bigger wings in 3 versions with stars (V1, V2 and V3 lol). You can use it for 5k, 10k or maybe admins.
Some stars too if you like em, they are always good for awards, ranking and marks in general.

Breitlingboss.png
Breitlingcoolerz.png
BreitlingcoolerzB.png

StarS.png
StarXS.png

Rooster

Silverrooster.png

Golden Rooster

Goldenrooster.png

TT Rooster

TTrooster.png

Honted TT Rooster
25r30wi.gif

HontTTrooster.png

JC7

15/6/10

Cheers, Xplodr

+1 and let me just say... "buy with confidence from this guy!" ;) ...ohh yeah I forgot "nice watch"!

JellyJoe

28/9/09
haha who if not the rooster himself can claim it?
go for it but watch out one is plated, guess which one
roosmall.gif

I agree that post number doesnt imply experience or knowledge, but having registered 3 or four years ago doesnt either.
Base experience is something you most likely already have gathered along with the decades. Here you may learn to tell a 2836 from a 2892 at first sight, but thats still not experience or knowledge.
And a guy who registered years ago and only login to see if there are good deals in the member sales area and then logs out is not a great help to the forum, he doesnt necessarily have knowledge or experience, regardless his age in here. It wouldnt be the first time I see a guy 2007 or 2008 say nooby things about watches.
Sometimes I even think its embarassing when a member feels entitled to jump in in technical threads when he clearly knows nothing about the topic. And sometimes being older may give the idea they somewhat gained the right to teach, while they clearly need a lot of lessons instead.
I only joined a year ago, and receive lots of pms from noobs and old members too asking for help about vintage in general and Rolex in particular. They dont check the date I joined, they just read my posts and realize I am the vintage Rolex guy and I am on a lot. If one day I will need experience about Hublots I will ask Guru and Taka, not because they are older, because they know a lot of things about that, and I know they know cos they showed their knowledge in their threads and posts.
Who is on a lot, people who are helpful, who is giving time and support to the forum, who has knowledge and experience, all those things are perfectly known to everybody, at least those who are on every day. Age is only a matter of age.
A forum is for sharing and anybody posting a few tens times in 3-4 years is clearly dedicating his spare time to something else.

Franke

Tech Team
Advisor
28/5/10
How about concret dildos?

I uploaded the white and gold wings. Nice. Thanx Jelly. Cool work.