• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The bronze age cometh: Dino Zei Nautilo

unregistered

13/1/08
If you hadn't guessed it yet, I've been bitten bad by the Anonimo bug as of late. And what else says Anonimo more than a bronze case? So when I got contacted about this piece, I couldn't help but pounce on it, even though it was slightly above what I know it sold for and it was without box & papers and spare original strap.

I am so glad that I did though. It's got so many lovely facets to it that I'm still in awe of it. The previous owner polished it a little before passing it to me. Bit of a mixed bag there, part of me wishes the original patina had stayed, yet the other part is glad it got polished so I could watch it age myself.

Anyhow, enough talk, onto the pictures;

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

Crystal doesn't have AR again I believe, but as its a flat piece of sapphire, reflections arn't that bad as compared to the Millemetri/Polluce/Professionales.

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

1 of 19 pieces for the bronze :)

IMG_3770.jpg

Perfect positioning

IMG_3771.jpg

Uses a bayonet crown, first time I've come across one of these. Took me a short while to get the hang of it. You can see the "L" lip that allows the bayonet to work.

IMG_3769.jpg

Next to its Professionale Mod.6003 cousin

IMG_3794.jpg

Here is the original Dino Zei Kodiak tan strap

IMG_3773.jpg

There is a thin flat piece of metal embedded in it.

IMG_3774.jpg

Love the buckle!

IMG_3776.jpg

Lumed of course. Love that the power reserve arrow is lumed too. Though the 12 isn't.

P1010802.jpg

1sec exposure, 2mins lapse

P1010800.gif

Finally a wristie on my 6.75" wrist

IMG_3772.jpg

It wears like an AP almost, but better to me.

More Info

Definitely one that is going to stay in my collection.

J.Prime

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
11/4/10
I have never seen that and I completely love it... Now I'm going to be searching for pictures and info about it... Great watch!!!

moleng1

Horology Curious
27/10/09
The Pam Ferrari's and JLC divers also have that bayonet locking system, a very cool system indeed, very positive seal, and you can't over tighten them. More watches should use this system.
Great looking watch by the way, I really like the chunk of the Anonimo's, just wish they came in a bigger dia. maybe 47 or 48mm.............

unregistered

13/1/08
moleng, the Professionale and the Nautilo can't be called small watches by a stretch. What they might lack in terms of dial size, they more than make up in girth ;) Up to an 8" wrist I'd say it would be good sized. Any wrist size larger, just get an Egi :D

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
how good is this watch compare to panerai ? Do you really2 enjoy wearing it compare to panerai ? or some other brands ?

unregistered

13/1/08
Very interesting and hard question to answer moggio. How good a brand is is very subjective when compared to another brand. Is Panerai a "better" brand because its more well known? Yet it uses a fairly basic 6497 movement though finished very well (at least the more popular models) which is significantly simpler than the 2892 used in the Professionales and Nautilos.

For me, I appreciate Anonimo's a lot more than Panerai's at this stage. I've always felt that the manual wind versions were significantly overpriced and that the new models have deviated too far from the original vintage PAMs.

I personally enjoy wearing my Professionale and Nautilo more than my 111 & 232. That said, my 002 and MM20 have a special place for me so its different there.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
ok cool.thanks for answering mate..I love to buy one of this..I saw the limited edition last year..wear it for 1 hour ..but didnt pull the trigger...maybe I should source one of this !

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Fantastic watch, thanks for giving me another watch to add to my "Got to Get Collection." :)