• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got my AP Survivor!

Vector

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/10
I just purchased an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Survivor Rep.

This is my first rep, and it looks stunning. The watch has the right weight/feel, and it looks near identical to the real thing.

I own some watches in the 5 figures and this will put up a fight against them no problem.

Criticism:

W/ Regards to the mechanism, the ticking is very faint compared to my gens and also the automatic mechanism (the weight used to power the watch) feels different when it moves (a bit rougher?).

Also when changing the time, the crown does not spin as smoothly as my gens, there is a little bit of friction and harshness in the turns. Dont know if this is normal for a rep with ASIAN 7750.

Lastly, the lumes on the watch are not very bright, but it hasnt seen much sunlight yet, are these charged by artificial light at all? Will report back for this.

Overall an amazing looking timepiece considering the price! The watch is heavy, but this make it feel more valuable, and the "claws" dont disturb me at all.
Well worth the buy, let's see how it holds up. I will be using it weekly.

On to the pics, my wrist is about 6.5" (apologies for bad quality camera)

1-1.jpg

DSCN2668.jpg

DSCN2676.jpg

DSCN2681.jpg

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
SO JEALUS, I LOVE IT!!!!

I need to get around to buying one of these, looks ******* AMAZING!

Vampere

16/7/10
looks really good. post up some pics of your gens if you get a chance

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
looking good, if you service the watch, the movement will fell better

Vector

4/8/10
I thought AP were supposed to have really bright lumens?

My friend's genuine Royal Oak Offshore shines even inside a shop in daylight

Here is the Suvivor vs. another watch with normal lumens. Opinions anyone? :thinking:

DSCN2692.jpg

deloreandmc

I'm Pretty Popular
23/10/09
I thought AP were supposed to have really bright lumens?

My friend's genuine Royal Oak Offshore shines even inside a shop in daylight

Here is the Suvivor vs. another watch with normal lumens. Opinions anyone? :thinking:

DSCN2692.jpg

It is standard rep lume, get it relumed!

Vector

4/8/10
It's Big. definitely wont go by un-noticed on your wrist.

The thing is, its maybe not SO big, but it's the chunkiest watch I own, in terms of thickness, and the bracelet is also very wide. That all adds to it.

mattyd

I'm Pretty Popular
30/12/09
I have to say, I had the rep for about a week (it's a buddy's) and I also know someone with the gen -- believe it or not! The rep is so close to gen in fit and finish, it's scary! Visually, I could not see a single difference. Apparently, there is something with the ticks on the inner bezel, but I couldn't see it. Cannot believe how good it really is for a replica watch. Enjoy yours -- it doesn't get much better than this!

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
Great looking watch! Wish I could pull it of.. But I think I'm too old for a watch with this design :(