• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First and last time ordering @ Trusty Time

Strong F Kennedy

Horology Curious
9/5/22
3-6-2022 Order placed and payed

4-6-2022 Payment confirmed

15-6-2022 I had to find out after 11 days that one of the watches I ordered could not be delivered. So I order a Datejust blue dial instead.

22-6 QC pictures, The rhodium dial beeing almost silver like it didnt even come close to Gen. Andrew told me it was the lightning and angle of the QC pics. So I asked for more pictures

23-6 After much back and forth I received one other picture were I saw even more flaws, rehaut heavy misaligned. Andrew told the dial was fine. So I RL this watch.
4-7 While waiting on pictures of the Datejust with blue dial send me QC pics of a watch that I did not order. Then he asked me to pay 1 extra dollar god knows for what????

5-7 Again much back and forth emailing, because apperently it was all very confusing for Andrew to understand one simple order.

9-7 Received QC pics of a other Datejust Rhodium dial I GL'ed them because the dial seemed alot more dark than the previous one.

20-7 Received QC pics of the Datejust with blue dial, I saw many flaws in the alligned of the watch but decided to GL it because the amount of time it took for me to get the watches

23-7 Watches send

10-8 Received watches, Blue dial big allignement issues but nothing I can fix myself, Rhodium dial very very very dissapointed. If anybody is interesed in some pics i'll shoot some in the coming days. The dial is not even like the QC pics, in any angle is it even remotely dark grey.

Like the topic stated this is the first time and the last time ordering @ trusty time. It was a long and tedious proces for me getting the watches. And I get the feeling he does not care delivering a good rep but instead just focusses on making more sales.

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
Can you PM me your order number so I can check what is the issue with your order and which factory you ordered from

If the order is from reputable factory, the quality shouldnt be poor

Reactions: kavorca1

Titouno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/22
@Strong F Kennedy would appreciate some pics to look at the flaws, I am considering the order a same watch.
Also if you could please share more info on your order? I.e the factory and the version of the watch?
And and an update your issue would be helpful.
Cheers

Strong F Kennedy

Horology Curious
9/5/22
@Strong F Kennedy would appreciate some pics to look at the flaws, I am considering the order a same watch.
Also if you could please share more info on your order? I.e the factory and the version of the watch?
And and an update your issue would be helpful.
Cheers
I've order two datejust 41mm from AR Factory. I'll shoot some pics in a day or so. Today one of the two watches stopped working completely. I'm really dissapointed so far and now I'm stuck with one watch that does not work, I wore it two or three days Tops.

Strong F Kennedy

Horology Curious
9/5/22
Can you PM me your order number so I can check what is the issue with your order and which factory you ordered from

If the order is from reputable factory, the quality shouldnt be poor
#217239 both watches are from AR Factory and the quality IS poor. One of the two watches stopped working, barely wore the watch.

Reactions: roachfield

trustytime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
3/4/16
If there are issues you can email me and I will provide return instructions

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
I don’t have any personal experience re this sale, but I do all my ordering through Andrew at Tristy Time and have had nothing but good service and delivery.

Reactions: kavorca1 and hurk

Fridge_Magnets

Known Member
6/5/17
Hey that's no good on your experience wing this way.
Like JKent83, I too have had nothing but great communication with all my orders.
I did have a watch die on me within days of receiving which is being returned to Andrew no hassles at all.
Not hijacking your thread or shitposting but you say you green lighted them and that's kind of on you.
Agreed that the lighting in all QC pics can be quite...misleading..but I don't ever think that this is intentional - that just creates more headaches down the line for the TD.
As I said, Trusty Time has always been good with me and many other members on RWI, I'm sure Andrew won't leave you holding the bag.
Good luck ✌

Reactions: watchbrolly

HacknHand

10/3/22
If there are issues you can email me and I will provide return instructions

Please don't ask people to do this if the return address is in China, you know it won't work 99% of the time and you won't cover the buyer's loss.

If, on the other hand, you have a return process that supports tracked shipping and delivery to a non-China address, or signed-for delivery in China, then please publish that.

Fridge_Magnets

Known Member
6/5/17
Well that's not what I wanted to hear...I just posted a tracked package back to Trusty this morning...

Fridge_Magnets

Known Member
6/5/17
Please don't ask people to do this if the return address is in China, you know it won't work 99% of the time and you won't cover the buyer's loss.

If, on the other hand, you have a return process that supports tracked shipping and delivery to a non-China address, or signed-for delivery in China, then please publish that.
Well that's not what I wanted to hear...I just posted a tracked package back to Trusty this morning...

watchbrolly

Horology Curious
12/9/22
I don’t have any personal experience re this sale, but I do all my ordering through Andrew at Tristy Time and have had nothing but good service and delivery.
Same here. Andy is responsive. No issues with my orders so far.

watchbrolly

Horology Curious
12/9/22
Hey that's no good on your experience wing this way.
Like JKent83, I too have had nothing but great communication with all my orders.
I did have a watch die on me within days of receiving which is being returned to Andrew no hassles at all.
Not hijacking your thread or shitposting but you say you green lighted them and that's kind of on you.
Agreed that the lighting in all QC pics can be quite...misleading..but I don't ever think that this is intentional - that just creates more headaches down the line for the TD.
As I said, Trusty Time has always been good with me and many other members on RWI, I'm sure Andrew won't leave you holding the bag.
Good luck ✌
Same here as well. 3 orders already and Im enjoying all of them. Im going to keep ordering from Andy because hes just super responsive and the quality of the watches i chosen were built well. sometimes its really the factory and the kind of watch you get. hope it turns out for the better.

Andrey_PAM

13/10/22
UA
But due to problems with his website (profile editing), it became not very convenient for me to place orders.
Payment is possible only through a direct link.
There were 8 wristwatches on my shopping list from Andrew, but the 71 email correspondence makes me very tired.
I constantly expect from him either confirmation of receipt of money, or I beg for a photo of my already paid wristwatch :cautious: .
So now I paid, 7 days have passed, and the photo has not been sent.
Previously, there were no such problems:rolleyes:.

kokomo

3/10/22
US
Sometimes I have to send a follow up email to Andrew but he will always respond. I have 5 watches pending with him at the moment and I suspect he's overwhelmed with his October sale. If it's only been 7 days be patient. Sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks to the product from the factory and get QC pics.

I've found Andrew to be very good to deal with and you have to remember this is a game and you should only be buying watches you can afford. Andrew is a distributer, he's not personally building these timepieces these factories are probably building these things at night when nobody is there lol.

TimeStopper46

13/3/13
I have purchased from Andrew in the past. 1 Omega in 2012, and 2 Omegas in 2013

All 3 times he was very professional and easy to work with. I assume he definitely has a lot more orders these days than he did a decade ago which may be why you are experieencing response delays.

all 3 watches I got from him still work flawless til this day, never serviced any of them

tgross

Horology Curious
5/10/22
Ohio
Same here as well. 3 orders already and Im enjoying all of them. Im going to keep ordering from Andy because hes just super responsive and the quality of the watches i chosen were built well. sometimes its really the factory and the kind of watch you get. hope it turns out for the better.
I’m looking to order from Trusty Time. How do you order from Andy specifically?