• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all Yachtmasters!

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
08f1c1ed5f104867f513e54c3da67ff7.jpg

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
As seen on Wubsub's photos of the 126622 yachties, it seems the 126622 hour indices (the circles) are larger than predecessor 116622--surely KJ2020 could verify KJ2020 ...in google searching yachtmaster reviews of the (when) new 126622 did not find one mention of this subtle change (along with the crown insignia added between "swiss" and "made" at 6oclock...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
As seen on Wubsub's photos of the 126622 yachties, it seems the 126622 hour indices (the circles) are larger than predecessor 116622--surely KJ2020 could verify KJ2020 ...in google searching yachtmaster reviews of the (when) new 126622 did not find one mention of this subtle change (along with the crown insignia added between "swiss" and "made" at 6oclock...

There was not an increase in marker size in the 126622 bro. Just the addition of the 2nd coronet at 6 o'clock.

There are some rep models (ARF in particular) that have hour markers on the 40mm that are too small, that may be what you are seeing here.

My Noob next to Wubsub
zimrlt.jpg

Two gens
zim8WF.jpg

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-...strong lume which allows for good readability.

"The only way you will be able to tell the 116622 from the 126622 apart is by looking at 6 o’clock on the dial. On the 116622, it will say ”Swiss made”. But on the new reference, it will say ”Swiss (Rolex crown) Made”. This is to show that it has a new generation movement. Apart from this, it will be impossible to tell them apart (unless you open them up or look at the engraved reference number on the case."

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Thanks for clearing this up KJ~yes indeed that's what was seeing--I have an ARF blue dial. Cheers

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
ARF is the only well known factory that made 37mm Yachti's, which were out for quite a while first. I'm betting their dial maker didn't change the markers for the 40mm dials.

Pics from Trusty
ziIzQF.jpg

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index....eyword=Rolym arf&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1

KJ I think maybe more than anything an optical/perspective illusion in looking at on-wrist vs close-up photos. TrustyTime photos of each watch (EWF, GMF, ARF) at exact same perspective bear this out. If there's a size difference in markers appears quite negligible:
GMF
zi4UK2.jpg

EWF
zi4W1E.jpg

ARF
zi4eNt.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ I think maybe more than anything an optical/perspective illusion in looking at on-wrist vs close-up photos. TrustyTime photos of each watch (EWF, GMF, ARF) at exact same perspective bear this out. If there's a size difference in markers appears quite negligible:

It's not a perspective thing bro. After all you noticed it between yours and Wubsub's pieces. It's a known ARF flaw that's been discussed in other threads.

Here's some more views. When doing side by side photo comparisons, it's critical to get the scale right. You can do it by matching various elements - hands, cyclops, dial fonts, etc. Granted this can introduce some errors because assumptions are made that the elements being matched are consistent from one sample to the next, but I did this by matching several different elements and each time reached the same conclusion. The ARF markers are smaller, albeit as you say somewhat negligible. Unfortunately for us we often make mountains out of mole hills, so what bothers one is no biggie for another. I tend to let more things go than most, but that's not to say I don't have my dealbreaker flaws that I simply won't tolerate, haha. Don't we all?

So once you get the angles and the scale set, you can slide the pics around and line up whatever you want to compare.

zismSD.jpg

zisqLk.jpg

Then compare dial markers
zisIro.jpg

Match ARF to gen
zisO7J.jpg

Compare dial markers
zisy3P.jpg