• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

help me get my first big bang

accordingi2ime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/10
Hi.
I joined the forum because I want to get a Hublot big bang.
I want to get a replica that is closest to genuine as possible.
I am willing to spend some money just not $10k...
From what I've read so far buying a V1 and making few modification is the way to achieve this.

I want to get either big bang black magic or big bang stainless steel black ceramic with carbon fiber.
Is one preferred over the other in terms of closeness to the genuine?

If so who should I contact? (from what I read, Hont and replicamake have great reputation)

As far as the modifications go... what are the must modifications? Where do I buy the parts? I understand that big bang should have black screws and engraved rotor on the back. and... on the black magic date wheel should have white background with black letters...

Can it be done by a noob like me? Is there someone that can do them for me?

I will probably wear this watch daily. I read RG versions won't last. What about the black magic or the SS ceramic? Can they be worn daily?

I think that is it so far.

Thanks in advance.:bunny:

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
i'm ordering 1 right now from replica make.. order a v1 and he can supply you with and install a v2 rotor. then put an order in with tx for a new crystal.. should be 2-3 more weeks after that we wait on an engraved bridge but we're pretty much good.

all ceramic is the way to go.

accordingi2ime

22/7/10
Thanks for the fast reply.
So if I order from replicamake, they can put the v2, engraved rotor in the watch? so no need to mod the rotor?

and are all v1 high beat? or do i need to specify that I want high beat when I order it?

JC7

15/6/10
i'm 99% sure they're all high beat. Lay from replicamake will be able to answer that for sure. He will also send a video prior to shipment so you can verify. This is kinda cool we're going to be ordering at the same time.. Are you getting all black or the black magic? ...he can get the black magic though his site does not list it, I've already inquired for myself.

accordingi2ime

22/7/10
I am not sure which one I want to get. I am leaning towards the black magic right now.

JC7

15/6/10
I'm going all black.. if we both don't like it we can just trade. lol

lbahoshy

20/7/10
I just placed an order through Replicamake for the SS/Ceramic and Carbon Fibre Dial. He will ship it once he gets it from the factory. It should be shipping any day now. Maybe I should ask for the v2 rotor? He said the part is $10. Do you know how much he would charge to install it?

JC7

15/6/10
i think you ordered the v2... do you have the video??

lbahoshy

20/7/10
No I chatted with him for quite a while last night (Lay) through his web site support. He confirmed that all his Big Bangs are the V1s. He did send me a pic of the V2 rotor though. I am about to send him an email requesting that he install it for me before it ships.

No video yet as it was not in stock and coming from the V1 factory. I confirmed that the ceramic bezel was polished and that the dial did have the carbon fibre pattern. Now I am not sure if it is real carbon fibre or carbon fibre look. Anyone know this?

JC7

15/6/10
ok, cool. I was thinking about going ss and ceramic but i wanted the ss and ceramic bracelet.. he told me that specific one was low beat. I think it's carbon fiber look.. there are plenty to see if you search the forum.

lbahoshy

20/7/10
Yes, I saw that one as well. That's why I went with the SS/Ceramic (polished) with the textured rubber strap. That is the V1 and has the high beat frequency movement. That is a classic big bang in either SS or Rose Gold but I went with SS due to the issue I've read on this forum of the possibility of the gold wearing off down the road.

You can't go wrong with the Black Magic or ALL Black either. But for my first BB I wanted a classic look. I emailed him about the V2 rotor. He is offline right now.

So the only other thing is the crystal??? Is it pretty bad on the V1 reps?

As an aside I also ordered the "Ultimate" DSSD and already got pics and video!! Waiting on the Hublot and will ship both out together.

This will be my first rep purschase. So far the transaction has been as smooth as butter thanks to this forum!

As an aside I also ordered the "Ultimate" DSSD and already got pics and video!! Waiting on the Hublot and will ship both out together.

This will be my first rep purchase. So far the transaction has been as smooth as butter thanks to this forum!

JC7

15/6/10
Well congrats on your purchases.. it sounds like you have 2 amazing reps on the way. Lay is great to deal with.. Post your video of the DSSD, I'd love to see it!

The crystal isn't horrible.. the gen just sits higher so make sure you put in an order with TX.

lbahoshy

20/7/10
Is it okay with forum rules to post video or pictures of incoming watches?
I'm just a newbie here so I don't want to get in trouble!

About the crystal JC7, can I take it somewhere to be done?

JC7, Should I post it in the Rolex forum maybe ?

JC7

15/6/10
you can probably take it to someone.. i'm scared to do it myself as well. but I'll probably attempt it on my own.. the way I see it is there will be dozens of us getting crystals so there will be tutorial after tutorial to help us..

Of course you can post video and pics.. there are whole sections dedicated to this!! :)

JC7

15/6/10
i saw.. it looks good! Congrats, I'll be looking forward to all of us getting our HBBs at the same time.

lbahoshy

20/7/10
Can't wait. Are you going to ask Lay to install the V2 rotor for you before he ships it? If he won't do it, I don't think I'll bother with it. He should be ok with that, no?

JC7

15/6/10
I'm pretty sure he'll install it for you or have it installed. You'll def want to ask him though.