• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TC Sub V7 Extreme - New TC?

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
You'd need to get in a time machine and go back a few years. Best way to get in touch with him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
I have a TC v6 I just got, I’d like to know approx how old is it?

Rouge came out end 2013-early 2014 if I’m not wrong. V6 in 2014, I got mine (sold and since then missed) at the end of the same year, came home on dec 24 in time for Xmas!

Reactions: StreetFighter

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Rouge.. cool, I had forgotten the name of this special edition. It’s 2014 then, around 8 yrs old. Thanks for that.

This one looks like new again, I have refinished the case and bracelet and added the chamfers that were missing from the lugs. I also removed the sharp burrs on the lugs tips and base of the case sides, it looks and feels much more refined now. I gave the bracelet an oiling too, what a difference that makes as well. Did this work myself..

jpqtHR.jpg
jpqQMK.jpg
jpqlgv.jpg
jpqB18.jpg
jpqCo1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
Rouge.. cool, I had forgotten the name of this special edition. It’s 2014 then, around 8 yrs old. Thanks for that.

This one looks like new again, I have refinished the case and bracelet and added the chamfers that were missing from the lugs. I also removed the sharp burrs on the lugs tips and base of the case sides, it looks and feels much more refined now. I gave the bracelet an oiling too, what a difference that makes as well. Did this work myself..

jpqtHR.jpg
jpqQMK.jpg
jpqlgv.jpg
jpqB18.jpg
jpqCo1.jpg

I so very nearly pulled the trigger on a TC back when he was making them, oh how I wished I did!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I so very nearly pulled the trigger on a TC back when he was making them, oh how I wished I did!

A very sore regret dude, right up there with not buying a few dozen bitcoin back in the day when they cost next to nothing. I'll never get over that, I very nearly bought some as well.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
StreetFighter your finishing job looks great, congrats. I suspect there are plenty of TC watches and parts to be had out there, but they remain unavailable because of the no-profiteering rule. My personal opinion is that the rule makes no sense, and especially when applied to something that’s objectively rare for now like a TC. But since hoping for an V6 LV to pop up at a fraction it’s likely market value isn’t realistic, eventually I’ll get around to tricking out a Ginault!

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
A very sore regret dude, right up there with not buying a few dozen bitcoin back in the day when they cost next to nothing. I'll never get over that, I very nearly bought some as well.

Didn’t we all? :/

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I have a TC v6 I just got, I’d like to know approx how old is it?
Ah yes, I have the Rouge too. Not really that keen on it though. It’s like the first hint that TC was planning his change of identity, and the move from repping to homaging. As such it feels like an awkward halfway house design.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
StreetFighter your finishing job looks great, congrats. I suspect there are plenty of TC watches and parts to be had out there, but they remain unavailable because of the no-profiteering rule. My personal opinion is that the rule makes no sense, and especially when applied to something that’s objectively rare for now like a TC. But since hoping for an V6 LV to pop up at a fraction it’s likely market value isn’t realistic, eventually I’ll get around to tricking out a Ginault!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not an advocate for polishing, I think polishing can ruin a watch especially when it gets done by someone who's job it is and the watch doesn't not belong to him. This would account for all the thousands of ruined cases you see on vintage Subs, if you have an eye for that of course, the non WIS just don't notice these things.

Having said that, I like a watch to reflect my story rather than someone else's, therefore I'll only buy new or lightly used without compromised factory lines. Not usually a problem when you are buying reps of course, they don't see jeweller's polishing wheel before they change hands. I did this with a CapeCod cloth and a Brushmaster 3000 Deluxe..

Reactions: wisedennis

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Ah yes, I have the Rouge too. Not really that keen on it though. It’s like the first hint that TC was planning his change of identity, and the move from repping to homaging. As such it feels like an awkward halfway house design.

Agree, I'd much rather it was a standard LN. ..and it will be when I'm done.

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Agree, I'd much rather it was a standard LN. ..and it will be when I'm done.
Ah good to hear! I was plotting the same fate for mine, but hadn’t got round to it due to a) being lazy, b) realising it wasn’t going to be a totally straightforward job due to the movement being ETA, so an appropriate second hand and datewheel is needed, and c) also having so many standard LN 5-digits already. The latter being the main reason I’ve left it - as something a bit different in the collection.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Ideally I'd like to empty the case out and fill it with 3135 related items. In the short term this may well involve the purchase of an ARF16610 and I'll use the dial and hands. I have a gen crystal here and a VS3135, I'll pick up gen insert and bracelet, that'll do for now, gen dial and hands and movement will be last I'd imagine.

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Ideally I'd like to empty the case out and fill it with 3135 related items. In the short term this may well involve the purchase of an ARF16610 and I'll use the dial and hands. I have a gen crystal here and a VS3135, I'll pick up gen insert and bracelet, that'll do for now, gen dial and hands and movement will be last I'd imagine.
Ah yes, indeed… just retaining the case/bracelet and as a basis for a Franken it’ll be way more straightforward (and is the way I’d decided I’d eventually go too, if I keep it).

Reactions: StreetFighter

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13

Sold mine (tc v6 lv) less than a year ago at its original price plus the gen parts fitted… and regretted since then. Wish to find another v6 or v7x soon but seems nearly impossible, even at premium price.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Out there in the real world, where does opinion put the value of a TC16610? What would you be happy paying for one or selling one for, a stock V whatever in good condition? (for the record, mine is not available).

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Yeah, you pretty much got it down. You stick a strip of links where you see the leftovers there and simply line the two parts up and a number of poker straight strokes later you got an acceptable satin finish. Endlink are tricker, I'll take pics next time but it's pretty much as you see it.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Still enjoying my TV V6 after all these years. Movement still going strong and smooth as butter still. Lucky I didnt sell mine - I was thinking about selling last year.

Reactions: mandipan