• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Can anyone clarify if 5726 ppf moon function works like the Gen or not? any function you need to do manually ?

Moonphase moves every 30 days or so. I believe the gen is 29 days. But it moves slowly just like gen. It is not a 24 hour moonphase and is a good one.

Reactions: chiccovn

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
Moonphase moves every 30 days or so. I believe the gen is 29 days. But it moves slowly just like gen. It is not a 24 hour moonphase and is a good one.

It took me 59 push for the moon phase to complete a round trip (2 Periods) so 29,5 day each Period, as per Gen ;)

Months jump automatically when after 31.st date, so we won't need to adjust in January, March, May, Juli, Aug, October and December.

For me all above are enough for a decent rep ;)

061a54bd6573e7778063fef1b290305c.jpg

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Local dealer here have it, I was lucky enough to buy 2 of them after waiting for 2 months from Andrew with no qc at the end.

rumors said there was a problem with the factory that made this movement.

chiccovn

4/10/19
“It took me 59 push for the moon phase to complete a round trip (2 Periods) so 29,5 day each Period, as per Gen ;)

Months jump automatically when after 31.st date, so we won't need to adjust in January, March, May, Juli, Aug, October and December.

For me all above are enough for a decent rep “

thanks! so i guess the moons dont work like gen but as other annual calendar pp reps.. .. i was expecting a good moon function..
Mine has not arrived.. these days everything got delayed because of covid distruption to supply chain

Cheers and enjoy them

Last edited:

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
“It took me 59 push for the moon phase to complete a round trip (2 Periods) so 29,5 day each Period, as per Gen ;)

For me all above are enough for a decent rep “

thanks! so i guess the moons dont work like gen but as other annual calendar pp reps.. .. i was expecting a good moon function..
Mine has not arrived.. these days everything got delayed because of covid distruption to supply chain

Cheers and enjoy them

What is a good moon function for you?

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
Real beauties, mate! - I have the blue 5712 but seriously looking to get the 5726 grey but as other members can vouch, not easy to get now.

If PPF can fix the silver 24h ring to white and the Geneve Gap under the day month window, i would love to buy the V2 again immidiately

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
Like, once set in, the moon moves whole lunar month without having to push something … i have a perpetual gen and i kinda like the lunar .. its cool
But if u have to push 59 times or so then its a bit dissappointing

Hi, you missunderstood what i meant, 59 times for 2 Lunar Cycles, not one. The moon phase function, which we have here and on almost every watch, show just half the moondisk. So when i meant disk complete turns around, meant 2 lunar.

Gen perpetual and annual always have 29,5days for 1 Cycle, so it makes 59days for 2 Cycles as per this PPF5726.

chiccovn

4/10/19
Hi, you missunderstood what i meant, 59 times for 2 Lunar Cycles, not one. The moon phase function, which we have here and on almost every watch, show just half the moondisk. So when i meant disk complete turns around, meant 2 lunar.

Gen perpetual and annual always have 29,5days for 1 Cycle, so it makes 59days for 2 Cycles as per this PPF5726.

Oh ok, gotcha.. so as long as it is not 24 hour moon and on a full moon day the moonin there looks relatively round in the middle then im perfectly happy
thanks

dex911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/18

so finally after 3 moths of waiting i have it in me hands quite disappointed about the dial color is more grey then blue and the clasp is very very stiff . for the rest everything looks great.

Reactions: chiccovn

Anadrol5

14/10/18
so finally after 3 moths of waiting i have it in me hands quite disappointed about the dial color is more grey then blue and the clasp is very very stiff . for the rest everything looks great.

If you are disappointed with the dial and clasp wait till you see how the movement plays up. You will be even more disappointed. I recently got this watch in white and looks wise its stunning. But on my piece the movement just stops at times even when fully wound.