• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 IW327006 out.

secfincorp

Renowned Member
27/2/12
If anyone has one of these to sell I’m looking for one. Or if you know of any dealers that have them. Tried getting one from Ryan and turned out they couldn’t get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
If anyone has one of these to sell I’m looking for one. Or if you know of any dealers that have them. Tried getting one from Ryan and turned out they couldn’t get one.

Hope there’s new batch with correct hands shape and color.

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
I’m Olso wondering.

I just got mine about a week ago. I believe they are still in stock.

Have enclosed some pictures of my Heritage. The dial & DW looks excellent , but I am wondering if there was some kind of update to the case finishing because mine looks very dark, and way less "metallic" than the genuine, or even the earlier photos of the V7 posted in this thread.

These photos were taken in a variety of different conditions, all outdoors. The last few pics are in direct (very bright) sunlight , first thing in the morning.

Anyone have thoughts on this color discrepancy?

I went to a boutique as well to check out the genuine. The store lights are halogen and very bright, but even so the case in genuine appeared a lot more "silver" and quite metallic. The surface finishing was also a bit more matte, without any traces of a glossy texture.

Unfortunately I wasnt in a position to whip out my replica and start doing a side-by-side comparison.

That said, I felt the impression of seeing the gen in person and then going back and handling the rep, there is definitely a difference in the case color & finishing.

Reactions: repduck

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Have enclosed some pictures of my Heritage. The dial & DW looks excellent , but I am wondering if there was some kind of update to the case finishing because mine looks very dark, and way less "metallic" than the genuine, or even the earlier photos of the V7 posted in this thread.

These photos were taken in a variety of different conditions, all outdoors. The last few pics are in direct (very bright) sunlight , first thing in the morning.

Anyone have thoughts on this color discrepancy?

I went to a boutique as well to check out the genuine. The store lights are halogen and very bright, but even so the case in genuine appeared a lot more "silver" and quite metallic. The surface finishing was also a bit more matte, without any traces of a glossy texture.

Unfortunately I wasnt in a position to whip out my replica and start doing a side-by-side comparison.

That said, I felt the impression of seeing the gen in person and then going back and handling the rep, there is definitely a difference in the case color & finishing.

Thanks for pics , i really can’t find any issue in this Rep even strap not that bad like fake croco , only hands shape and color look wrong.

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Thanks for pics , i really can’t find any issue in this Rep even strap not that bad like fake croco , only hands shape and color look wrong.

No problem bro

Maybe in other batches I'd agree - Especially the QQ video review with gen / rep side by side, the rep looks amazing. But , even here you can see the color appears more metallic and silver. Not dark grey.

I am not sure why the case I received is wrong, the seller confirmed this is correct V7F. I feel maybe they must have changed something in their manufacturing process on later batches...

Definitely the case color & texture are not even close to the gen I handled at their boutique.. Very strange.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
No problem bro

Maybe in other batches I'd agree - Especially the QQ video review with gen / rep side by side, the rep looks amazing. But , even here you can see the color appears more metallic and silver. Not dark grey.

I am not sure why the case I received is wrong, the seller confirmed this is correct V7F. I feel maybe they must have changed something in their manufacturing process on later batches...

Definitely the case color & texture are not even close to the gen I handled at their boutique.. Very strange.

Have no idea , maybe new parts supplier, but your watch 100% V7 I can tell from hands.

repduck

Horology Curious
18/8/21
First of all thanks for the amazing pictures! Still looks great no matter what.

Want to buy this as my first rep, but I've been waiting because I was moving. And now it seems a lot of factories got raided or are on holidays.
If you don't mind me asking, with which TD did you order yours?
Did the case color/finishing look normal in the QCs or did you just not pay too much attention? Do you possibly still have your QCs?
Do you think it would be feasible to identify whether or not it is the "new dark" case in QC photos?

I too find the earlier pics and especially the video to have a noticeable difference in case color/appearance, though it also depends on the picture. The very first pics in the thread seem fairly similar, then in the V7 comparison pics and videos both look much more metallic. Jtime QCs on page 5 also seem more metallic and brighter. Though I really can't trust my judgement out of lack of experience. Might just be lighting/camera differences.
Now I'm wondering if I should rather go with the GSF or M+F version if the V7 has become this inaccurate. Then again I think the darker/matte look is quite nice as well.

So you consider the case perfect? Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for your help guys, I'm fairly new to all this but these threads have been great information and learning.
Sorry if this was too many/bad questions!

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
The color on yours definitely looks different from the previous pics posted. I have no seen or touch the gen in person though so I'm not sure which is more accurate

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
The color on yours definitely looks different from the previous pics posted. I have no seen or touch the gen in person though so I'm not sure which is more accurate

Heres a pic I took with the buckle side-by-side against the case. It doesn't appear quite as obvious in photos but you can still see a bit of the difference.

I think IRL with the naked eye the difference in color and finishing is much more clear.

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
Heres a pic I took with the buckle side-by-side against the case. It doesn't appear quite as obvious in photos but you can still see a bit of the difference.

I think IRL with the naked eye the difference in color and finishing is much more clear.

Definitely see the difference and it would bother the hell out of me in person

Was only looking at the v7f cause it uses a2836 over the miyota

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Definitely see the difference and it would bother the hell out of me in person

Was only looking at the v7f cause it uses a2836 over the miyota

Yeah I've been considering whether to just sell it or try to have the case refinished. The risk I take refinishing the case would be adding more cost in, and maybe not getting perfect results.

Btw the movement is actually an A2892 , clone of the same movement in gen which is just a decorated ETA 2892 (IIRC)

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
First of all thanks for the amazing pictures! Still looks great no matter what.

Want to buy this as my first rep, but I've been waiting because I was moving. And now it seems a lot of factories got raided or are on holidays.
If you don't mind me asking, with which TD did you order yours?
Did the case color/finishing look normal in the QCs or did you just not pay too much attention? Do you possibly still have your QCs?
Do you think it would be feasible to identify whether or not it is the "new dark" case in QC photos?

I too find the earlier pics and especially the video to have a noticeable difference in case color/appearance, though it also depends on the picture. The very first pics in the thread seem fairly similar, then in the V7 comparison pics and videos both look much more metallic. Jtime QCs on page 5 also seem more metallic and brighter. Though I really can't trust my judgement out of lack of experience. Might just be lighting/camera differences.
Now I'm wondering if I should rather go with the GSF or M+F version if the V7 has become this inaccurate. Then again I think the darker/matte look is quite nice as well.

So you consider the case perfect? Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for your help guys, I'm fairly new to all this but these threads have been great information and learning.
Sorry if this was too many/bad questions!

I’m sorry no idea , only see comparison videos, let’s see if there’s new comparison in next future to know more.

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
Yeah I've been considering whether to just sell it or try to have the case refinished. The risk I take refinishing the case would be adding more cost in, and maybe not getting perfect results.

Btw the movement is actually an A2892 , clone of the same movement in gen which is just a decorated ETA 2892 (IIRC)

Yea that's what I meant. I type in wrong movement but that's why I was looking at the v7f.