• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Good news for the cigar guys!!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Guys I just saw on CNN. Apparently the Cuban Embargo has been partially repealed. The stogies may flow free now! Whaddaya think?

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
That's nice for you guys in the US, and a little bit less nice for us who already had access to cuban cigars, because demand will increase and so will prices :(

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
Wizard, might reduce taxation though. Who knows. Could go either way. Here in Canada cigars are about 50/50 cost to tax. It sucks.

Thanks for looking out fakey.

*lights up Cohiba Siglo II in celebration*

:ped:

Ped will be excited.

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
It will be interesting to see how the Govt. taxes these. It is quite possible that after the govt. taxes are imposed that they will be as expensive of more expensive than they already are now.
Lets face it, its really no more difficult to get Cuban cigars than it is to get a decent Replica Rolex Submariner into the country. Especially for those of us who are only 30 miles from the Mexican border!

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
When I worked in a tobackey store here in the US, we came to believe that the quality of cigars made by the famous houses, but with leaf grown in the Dominican Republic or the Canary Islands, for example, was just a good as the Cubans.

True or False?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
You know this goes, once theres no ban nobody will care and seek out theses cuban cigars. WTF its a f'ing cigar??

Now where do I get a box?? LMAO.

andygt

Known Member
23/7/09
Have none of you US guys noticed the date? pretty sure us cuba relations are still very frosty....

fflores

Known Member
19/3/10
Niccccceeee trick! Lol

LOL On a side note....living in the US, being a cigar lover....I would rather them still be illegal. The cuban cigar industry could not handle the quantity needed for the US. The product would suffer immensely. And prices would be ridiculous. I like my current setup of contacting my Swiss friends! :)

Although, one upside....many great non cuban companies would start to dabble with different blends using cuban and say nicaraguan tobacco and that could be exciting....

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Andy just likes to throw a wrench in everything.

Last time I checked the product wasn't that good to begin with lol.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Well got Fakey :lol:
Hook, line and sinker.

Col.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Wizard, might reduce taxation though. Who knows. Could go either way. Here in Canada cigars are about 50/50 cost to tax. It sucks.

Here in France taxation on tobacco is about 80% of retail price. :(

Otherwise I think I got caught by this one. Well done Fakey ;)