• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex expert needed 4 anaysis...

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
Rolex expert needed 4 analysis...

OK, here are two pics of a DSSD posted on WatchGeeks (An Invicta Forum)...
The OP was called out by a new member (not me) but the forum knowing nothing about Gen Rolexs has ralied in support of the OP. The OP has also posted pics of a Hublot Big Bang and a UN Maxi Marine Diver...hmmmm. I will also post pics of those for your analysis...

So you tell me... Gen or Rep?

rolexdssdcloseup.jpg

&

rolexdssdwristshotandlu.jpg

The Hublot Big Bang (I have a strong feeling this is a rep from the white ob blk datewheel & deep resession.

hublotinbox.jpg

&

hublotwristshot.jpg

UN Maxi Marine Diver

unmaximarinediver.jpg

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
I believe the UN is a rep. The wave bezel design should have more lines and not so free flowing.

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
I believe the UN is a rep. The wave bezel design should have more lines and not so free flowing.

007 I think this is the golfball dimple dial, not the wave dial.

edit, just re-read your statement...duhhhhh you said bezel....ha!

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
007 I think this is the golfball dimple dial, not the wave dial.

edit, just re-read your statement...duhhhhh you said bezel....ha!

This is from the UN site. See what I mean? ;)

Capture.png

acharria

26/10/09
About the rollie.
I dont like the date window and date wheel font.
The crown guard and the number in the bezel...
So i guess also FAKE.
The biggest tel is the fake UN ...lol

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
Thanks for all the feed back everyone...

After PM'n the OP about posting his Reps as Gens
he decided his bluff had been called and removed
his posts, albeit not befor trying to besmirch my name
on the forum. Oh well, I told him I didn't care about him
posting but the truly elaborate and detailed lies and stories
he told to people I consider friends was just too much for me!

Thanks again for all the help, it is much appreciated!

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Nice job, G. Instead of trying to pass them off on a gen forum, he should have got involved here or at one of the other rep forums. Shame.

SaturdayKnight

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/10
Thanks for all the feed back everyone...

After PM'n the OP about posting his Reps as Gens
he decided his bluff had been called and removed
his posts, albeit not befor trying to besmirch my name
on the forum. Oh well, I told him I didn't care about him
posting but the truly elaborate and detailed lies and stories
he told to people I consider friends was just too much for me!

Thanks again for all the help, it is much appreciated!

Let me preface my post by saying I sold my gen DSSD on Ebay 4 months ago, so I am speaking from experience.

I hate to spoil all the bashing fun :) because this guy or anyone else for that matter has no business misrepresenting reps as gen, but that DSSD is a gen.

The pearl and lume arent the only things that make it a gen. Look in the background, the bezel protector is there which of course comes with the gen DSSD.

I realize that gen box sets for the DSSD can be found (albeit extremely rare) and can sometimes include the bezel protector, I highly doubt this guy went to this length.

This is the real deal in my opinion.

Regarding the other two, i have no clue what the gens are supposed to look like. I only know rollies.... so I wont comment.

A true test would be the back casing shot, or the side shot with the HEV, and that would clinch it for me to say if its gen or not, but based on the dial shots, im 99.99% sure its a gen.

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
Let me preface my post by saying I sold my gen DSSD on Ebay 4 months ago, so I am speaking from experience.

I hate to spoil all the bashing fun :) because this guy or anyone else for that matter has no business misrepresenting reps as gen, but that DSSD is a gen.

The pearl and lume arent the only things that make it a gen. Look in the background, the bezel protector is there which of course comes with the gen DSSD.

I realize that gen box sets for the DSSD can be found (albeit extremely rare) and can sometimes include the bezel protector, I highly doubt this guy went to this length.

Regarding the other two, i have no clue what the gens are supposed to look like. I only know rollies.... so I wont comment.

A true test would be the back casing shot, or the side shot with the HEV, and that would clinch it for me to say if its gen or not, but based on the dial shots, im 99.99% sure its a gen.

Great info SaturdayKnight, the one watch I was not sure about was the DSSD, I also paid special attention to the pearl, date window & bezel engraving. After PMing the OP, he removed all pics & posts of all three watches. Does that imply they were all reps or just some, I don't know. In all truth I don't think the first pic of the DSSD was his, I only believe the second pic was his because the other pics match lighting and blurriness.

Regarding the HBB & UN, in my PMs with the OP he admitted they were reps.

And just so all that read this post know, it was not ment to nor is it ment to "bash" anyone. I collect reps too and luv them. What I don't do is post them as Gens on unsuspecting Value Brand Forums ( www.watchgeeks.net ) looking to boost my ego with all the admiration. Also I only PM'd with the OP, I never called him out or aired our PMs with the forum. Like I said befor, if he just posted pics I wouldn't have cared, but he went overboard with really elaborate stories and truly took advantage of the trust given to him as a new member on that forum.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Don´t be fooled, my friend.

...Relume is not an uncommon job for replica owners nowadays, and the bezel protector is just a little piece of plastic that some replicas also come with (Yes, transparent just like the gen)

The boxset for the DEEPSEA specifically might even be a bit difficult to find, but not impossible, but by that only picture, it can be any boxset, considering that he bought the boxset GEN.

The pearl shine - not in the lume shot, and the datewindow, would be the some tells about the watch, but the only thing that replicas still don´t get right when compared to the GEN, is the shine of the ceramic insert. Which isn´t well catch on the pic and cannot be judged on those pics...

Cheers,
Spirit.

jwan84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/09
about the rlx, i think the date font went on diet, just lil too skinny, i might be wrong...

btw, the wrist shot from the rolex and the bottem too are different.
look at the arm hair~!