• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Delivery mistake: What to do ?

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
Hello my friends.

I had a problem with a purchase from one of our trusted dealer, and I need advice.

Here is what happened: About 45 days ago I purchased 4 reps from that dealer I have mentioned, the communication was excelent, the payment too, and finally he sent me the watches and traking number.

However, there was a mistake: one week later, I received 2 different watches that I have purchased, while another customer, in other country, received mine.

The dealer said that was a courier mistake, that they send the packages wrong. He is very well rated here in RWI, and I don't have any reason to doubt of that.

So, although it was not his fault, he said that will give us ( me and other customer ) a gift in next purchase, and ask us to send the packages to each other -> he will pay shipping.

Ok, what is the problem: The packages never reached the final destination ( almost 1 month later ). I didn't received mine ( traking never said it came into my country: Brazil ) and my new friend from Bahrain also didn't get his ( traking number only says that the parcel left Brazil to Bahrain ).

Reading another thread about "Post Delay", some members said that many times they never received a package sent from other members.

Well, this is my doubt and I need advice: should we keep waiting forever (!?), or we should ask dealer to send us the watches again, and if we finally receive the first packages, we send them to him. Once it is "theoretically" not his fault, would he understand that the customers have reason, our we don't have it ?

I hope you guys may help me (us), and I am sorry about my pour english.

Cheers.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
1 month is not long for international shipping. Packages from China to the US often take 5 to 6 weeks.
If you both have tracking info, have the couriers tell you where the packages are.
Tracking isn't just to watch the progress, but to find it if it gets lost.
Also, did either of you insure the package? If so make a claim - they will find your package.

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
Thanks for reply, Levelmanroger.

We have already asked couriers about the packages, and bouth in Brazil and Bahrain said that they are in transit to destination, but can't tell where exactly. They said that kind of shipping do not offer more than that.

I haven't done any insurance because I would have to stipulate a price, which could end increasing tax at customs.

Anyway, let me know your point of view about this matter: when do you think we should accept that the packages won't arrive anymore ? How the dealer should deal with it ?

Regards.

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
I'd give it a few more weeks, but yes, the dealer should fix his mistake if the watches do not arrive.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Yes - give it 3 more weeks. Ultimately, the dealer messed up - not the courier agent. The courier could not have accidently shipped to the wrong address and it end up being 2 customers who both ordered around the same time. The only way this can happen is if the shipper (dealer) put the wrong addresses on the wrong packages. So in the end, it is the dealer's mistake and he should re-send correct watches to each of you at no charge.
I hope it all works out for you.

agb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/10
So my friend ..

it is 22 days now .. i was wishing to wear my watch for my new job ( 1st march ) :(

I think we will wait till the beginning of next month.

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
Thank you all, folks.

Yes Ali, as they said: lets wait 3 more weeks !!!

If you have any news from dealer, let me know.

Cheers.

iphreak

Renowned Member
28/8/09
I would say that at least 3 more weeks, maybe another month. The rep business is a waiting game.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Just one more reason >>>

To deal domestically!!...And....IMNSFHO, the dealer should have stepped up immediately to rectify HIS mistake!!....Drop shippers are the WORST place to buy reps!!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
What a bunch of crap. First that sucks you got the wrong packages and second there is no way you should have agreed to send it to the intended buyer and he to you. This was the sellers fault and problem. I would have returned the watches and demanded a refund. That sucks.

Whos is the dealer?? Its ok you can post it without fear.

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
To deal domestically!!...And....IMNSFHO, the dealer should have stepped up immediately to rectify HIS mistake!!....Drop shippers are the WORST place to buy reps!!/QUOTE]

I am sorry frankt8242, I didn't understand what you mean -> my bad english.

Whos is the dealer?? Its ok you can post it without fear.

I really believe sub4me that, considering the very good reputation of the dealer, it was really a DHL mistake, so I'd prefer do not post dealer name, and since the problem isn't solved yet...

Cheers.

reeder139

14/4/09
Hello mate, it's understandable if you don't want to post the dealers name.

But... DHL would not deliver a package with a Brazilian address to Bahrain and visa versa so it is the dealers mistake. The dealer has obviously put the wrong address on each package.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
No problem, but if things don't turn out your way please come back and tell us. Look its up to you if want to name the dealer or not. I would, but I got big a mouth, thats me. I just don't like the idea of the dealer putting this mess in your hands and now you have to ship packages to another country and hope the other guy does his part. F all that, I'd just want my funds back. No matter how good a dealer, you have no watches and no money, so whos on the losing end here?? You are, thats not acceptable. I would also warn you aganist ordering four at a time to much risk for you. Take your time order one at a time pay the extra shipping, its worth it, that you way don't lose four watches.

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
Thank you all for help

I really wish all solved, so I intend to wait 3 more weeks as other members advised.

I also hope the dealer will colaborate, so I won't have to name him.

After this period of time, if I don't get the watches sent by my friend from Bahrain and the dealer don't send me new watches, I come back and use the power of this great community to get it done.

All the best for each of you.

Muito Obrigado

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Yes it is unfortunate. But I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. The orders got mislabeled. You then shipped to each other and not one but both have not arrived at their destination? Did either of you put tracking on the packages?

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
Please, again use the dealers name, let us know that this happend with that dealer and this is his answer.
Then we know if we order again from him. This threads with no dealer's name only help one member, a thread with a dealer name help the +20,000 members.
My two cents.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

That´s indeed a sad situation, but "normal" shipping is really slow.

By the time, I guess you sent it in January, and you know things around here in Brazil only start to "work" after carnival.
...I have a package that only left the country more than a week later after posted, (on a foreign country) and is in customs right now.

Hope everything ends fine and both of your receive your packages.

Cheers,
Spirit.

agb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/10
Thank you for your input ,,

Thank you so much for your input ..

well , CNY is over and we still did not get a reply from the dealer.

here is the scenario that the dealer told me .

1. He gets the watch
  2. wraps it well
  3. he then write the name of reciever on the box ( he prepares many boxes )
  4. i think he gives the addresses as a list or something
  5. a shipping company takes the packages and prepares the EMS envlopes ( here is the problem )
The problem happened in the shipping place because my box had Bizi's name :(

Now .

Bizi , I think that we aught to reveal the dealers name because it will affect many users and they need to be warned .

besides , it is not our fault to be waiting for 2 months ..

the dealer is Hont

here are snapshots of our tracking

bahrainpost.JPG

brazil%20post.JPG

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I don't see why you are warning anyone about buying from him.

Communications from dealers won't really start happening until March. And yes the package was addressed incorrectly. But that was a mistake. Mistakes happen. It is the nature of the dopshipping business. He offered a solution which you both agreed to. The problem at this point is the shipping of the packages between you and Bizi.