Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viet Gen-Spec 16710 Frankens are here to stay - byebye BP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markiemark View Post
    MQ is asking 1100 USD for a case *smh*
    Bro how can anyone ask 1100$ for a rugged, unfinished and badly cut piece of third grade metal?, it will cost them 20$ in material, energy and labour at best, the mark up is obscene
    "What's the biggest tell in a rep?"

"You!"

Comment

Originally posted by yodog View Post
      What is more surprising is that some of you are shocked by MQ's prices lol
      I’m more shocked that guys are silly enough to pay it!
      I’ve known for a long time how much phong, Ndt etc charged for these cases and it’s a ridiculous but each to their own I guess. If they were better and more accurately finished then it might be more palatable but they are not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by markiemark View Post
        MQ is asking 1100 USD for a case *smh*
        They always been tripping. That kind of cost is walking into the realm of the real Rolex case costs. Just silly imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorDark View Post

They always been tripping. That kind of cost is walking into the realm of the real Rolex case costs. Just silly imo.
          far from the price of a genuine case.

everyone is looking at this from the rep buyer side. no one realizes that MQ's customer base are genuine collectors who need replacement parts for their genuine watches. Thus why he can charge a premium and has a large physical storefront in HCMC, along with a big name on the internet.
          Gens: Rolex 228238, Rolex 1675/8, Rolex 1675, Rolex 1680, Rolex 116233, Rolex 18038
          Reps: Always changing....

Comment

Looks great tbh - aside from the price you guys are seeing its way better than a BP case. Top of the lugs are a bit chunky - it could pass for a fat lady 16760 instead of a 16710 tbh. Maybe I will do that.. get it re-engraved!
            Gens: Rolex 228238, Rolex 1675/8, Rolex 1675, Rolex 1680, Rolex 116233, Rolex 18038

Comment

[mention]yodog [/mention] I was thinking exactly the same thing. As far as I’m aware the case thickness is closer to a fat lady than 16710.

Comment

I'll go for this

Comment

Comment

My gen 16710 on right

Last edited by KJ2020; 22-01-21, 05:06.
                    We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                    GMT Movements Explained
                    BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                    Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                    The Fantasy Watch Thread
                    Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                    Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by yodog View Post

far from the price of a genuine case.

everyone is looking at this from the rep buyer side. no one realizes that MQ's customer base are genuine collectors who need replacement parts for their genuine watches. Thus why he can charge a premium and has a large physical storefront in HCMC, along with a big name on the internet.
                      Haha, this is Probably because were on a rep forum discussing it.

I don’t understand all that goes on with this stuff but whilst I take your point about premium Can I ask, what would any gen collector want a with a fake watch case? What scenario would require you to replace a genuine case with a fake one and devalue your watch?

Surely the people wanting these cases are ones who are going to build reps/frankens and then doesn’t that make the replica price point side valid to some extent, as it is a replica case and going by your post after this still not quite right aesthetically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
                        My gen 16710 on right

Need little case work but it's doable
                        Last edited by oascom; 22-01-21, 17:31.

Comment

now compare it to a 16760

Comment

There we go. Took a couple pics - Fat Lady 16760.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

excuse my crap photoshop skills. but this case is super super close to a 16760

Comment

Nos fat lady:

Comment

Working...
                                X