• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My gorgeous 1675!!(Our members milk ’s parts)

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Most likely it'll have to be a mix and match or at least that's what I discovered so far with my HZ6460 (2836GMT clone). Picked up a set compatible with the 2836 from wholesaleoutlet990 thinking I'm sorted. GMT hand was too small, need a 2mm one and the second hand's pinion is not long enough. Hour and minutes fit fine.

Ended up picking a 2mm GMT and long pinion second hand from raffles-time. Now the waiting starts again. At least I have plenty of time to shave the insert :)

And talking about shaving, if you go with a Yuki movement holder, you'll have to modify it and shave it quite a bit for the clamps to find purchase withing the case.

Thank you for the information mate. I ended up going with a raffles hand set. Bought both all red and standard 2mm GMT hands, haven’t decided which one to use yet. :)

Reactions: Solution6

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
FUCK! I went with a yuki movt holder :lol:

This is the extent of shaving done.

The inside of the ring has a bit more material, it's just the outside that has gone through an extreme slimming :)

Reckon you could get away with less as well depending on the thickness of the clamps used.

DeLoMan

3/2/19
Most likely it'll have to be a mix and match or at least that's what I discovered so far with my HZ6460 (2836GMT clone). Picked up a set compatible with the 2836 from wholesaleoutlet990 thinking I'm sorted. GMT hand was too small, need a 2mm one and the second hand's pinion is not long enough. Hour and minutes fit fine.

Ended up picking a 2mm GMT and long pinion second hand from raffles-time. Now the waiting starts again. At least I have plenty of time to shave the insert :)

And talking about shaving, if you go with a Yuki movement holder, you'll have to modify it and shave it quite a bit for the clamps to find purchase withing the case.

Thank you for this valuable info! I discovered the GMT Hand issue and likely wouldn’t have found the second hand issue for a while yet to come. I just placed my order for two seconds hands so I have a spare in the future.