• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TS Watch Vinatge Rolex ref.6542 - Watch Review

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Boom! It's here. Very first impressions are positive - it looks nice, like I was expecting from the pictures. TSWatch packaged the watch VERY well, the best packaging I've ever had from aTD - a little faux leather watch roll!!!

txMIa.jpg

txkXy.jpg

tkeAQ.jpg

txPZq.jpg

txWib.jpg

tkxlf.jpg

tkoqp.jpg

tk00A.jpg

Definitely glad I picked this one up! I'll take more pics tomorrow once I've sized the bracelet etc.

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
Did you order that pouch seperate ? Nice touch if not. Seems like the price is right. The watch looks nice, how does it feel?

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Did you order that pouch seperate ? Nice touch if not. Seems like the price is right. The watch looks nice, how does it feel?

No, the pouch was a freebie! Maybe it's only with 'handmade' watches? It seems pretty decent quality too!

As to feel, it feels similar to my only other vintage watch which is a 5512 sub; same rattly bracelet, nowhere near as tight and solid as the modern six digits - but I guess that's how the Gen is. The watchhead feels fine. Bezel is bidirectional, no click either way (not sure if that's Gen like or not). Movement feels good, winding and date setting etc feels decent. So far so good! It's definitely worth picking up imo if your can't stretch to the genius that is a Tripdog build.

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
Well this is definitely at the top of my list now. Lume shot should be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Lume is so so - really bright on the bezel and dial for ten seconds, but within ten seconds, the bezel lume fades massively - as per photo. The dial lume is normal.

t9d1L.jpg

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
Guys an information what changes between the $ 368 version and the $ 458 version?

Reactions: Dan71

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
Guys an information what changes between the $ 368 version and the $ 458 version?
I think the only difference is the indices are aged with the more expensive version. I think sending the cheap version for a puffy relume might be the better option.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
I think the only difference is the indices are aged with the more expensive version. I think sending the cheap version for a puffy relume might be the better option.

Yeah, it just gets the 'vintage mod' treatment. I think they've done a fairly decent job on mine except the stem of the GMT hand looks too new, that needs to be dirtied/aged a bit.

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
Yeah, it just gets the 'vintage mod' treatment. I think they've done a fairly decent job on mine except the stem of the GMT hand looks too new, that needs to be dirtied/aged a bit.

OK thanks. It would be nice to see a video and images with sunlight friend

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Ok I just looked at the website. Looks like the “handmade” just uses a aged dial and hands and also a really incorrect bracelet. Should be a folded link rivet and not that solid link one. Although the dial looks way better on the handmade, I like the cheaper version with the much more accurate bracelet. I’ll have to order one.

ADINVA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/18
Just received mine yesterday - all I can say is WOW.

I'm honestly blown away at the quality of watch I received, I can't think of a better way to spend ~$535.

$535? Isnt it $458?

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Definatly a cool pick up fellas. They look nice! My only critisism is that the lume on the hands dont match the dial as well as hoped.
Everthing else looks good for the price.!!

I like the red they used on the insert...like a tomato red. is it aged at all or does it look newish..?

Reactions: d4v3

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
I can't see the difference in dial aging between the cheaper and more expensive versions; what am I missing?
It looks like they use the same aged hands but the hour indices are definitely different.